Cinderella's Royal Table closing for lengthy refurbishment in early 2015

Communicore

I was in there on Monday and it hasn't changed since the 70's in there, I'm assuming the will maybe bring the look of it a little more up to date, more along the lines of the Fairytale Princess Hall, Castel Suite, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique interiors

I've always thought that King Stefan's/Royal Table was decorated in a 70's version of a castle. I hope they keep the look.

jlthomas81

$$$, $$$, $$$. And, unlike BOG, when you book at CRT, you pay in advance. And I cannot use my Tables in Wonderland card for a 20% discount. Like I said, it's a nice experience, but if I have to pay $50/person for breakfast, that food needs to much better. BOG is also a difficult reservation to get.

We have our CRT reservations booked for the end of May. No payment in advance was required, just my dining plan to secure the reservation. Which is great, because if it ends up being a hugely drastic change that my family and I wouldn't care for, then I have the ability to cancel my reservation and I'm not out anything!

TomHendricks

We did CRT at Citricos on Saturday, the 14th. Can I beg Disney not to move it back to the castle? It was fantastic at Citricos. There was plenty of room for the princesses to move around. The food was simply amazing, it being Citricos and all. Plus the service was amazing. If they kept this here, I would go all the time.

MissingDisney

We have our CRT reservations booked for the end of May. No payment in advance was required, just my dining plan to secure the reservation. Which is great, because if it ends up being a hugely drastic change that my family and I wouldn't care for, then I have the ability to cancel my reservation and I'm not out anything!
You wouldn't be out even if you paid in advance, you get your money back as long as you cancel in time, same as if you need to cancel and not forfeit your dining credits.

erclvrb18

the fact that you are in the castle... that is the only reason I like it... i wish we could get a walk through like the tokyo version but disney is not going to.... so lets just be happy with what we have.... the castle is beautiful.... if that is not enough then what is the point...

jlthomas81

You wouldn't be out even if you paid in advance, you get your money back as long as you cancel in time, same as if you need to cancel and not forfeit your dining credits.

Right, I understand that. But I am still out the money until Disney refunds it, which usually is several days. I was just trying to point out that you DO NOT have to pay in advance if you have a DDP as one poster mentioned repeatedly.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I responded to the above by asking why Disney would want to compete with BOG and you responded with a bunch of dollar signs (below). I assumed from you were saying that the refurb would make them money.

And I can understand why they would want to improve the food. That's what I assumed the refurb was about. That's why I was confused about the increased revenue conversation.

Improved kitchen which can serve food faster I'd guess If they can add 1 more seating cycle per meal they will be making more money.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Right, I understand that. But I am still out the money until Disney refunds it, which usually is several days. I was just trying to point out that you DO NOT have to pay in advance if you have a DDP as one poster mentioned repeatedly.

Gee I thought DDP was the definition of paying in advance...

jlthomas81

Gee I thought DDP was the definition of paying in advance...

Pardon me, that should say, "Pay in Advance on a credit card", which would then in turn cause a delay in getting your refund. Whereas with the DDP, I can cancel one reservation and immediately book another. Yes, if you are not receiving a Free Dining package, you would essentially be paying in advance. However, at 180 days out, I would be willing to say that most people have not paid off their trip yet, and therefore are not out that $200 on their credit card.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Pardon me, that should say, "Pay in Advance on a credit card", which would then in turn cause a delay in getting your refund. Whereas with the DDP, I can cancel one reservation and immediately book another. Yes, if you are not receiving a Free Dining package, you would essentially be paying in advance. However, at 180 days out, I would be willing to say that most people have not paid off their trip yet, and therefore are not out that $200 on their credit card.

Being DVC there is no such thing as free dining - and even with DDP some restaurants want a CC deposit at reservation time.

MissingDisney

You pay with a credit card...you're still not out any money....who pays those off each month (or ever) in full....not 99.9% of Americans, that's for sure... LOL! :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

Stay responsible! :p

COProgressFan

the fact that you are in the castle... that is the only reason I like it... i wish we could get a walk through like the tokyo version but disney is not going to.... so lets just be happy with what we have.... the castle is beautiful.... if that is not enough then what is the point...

Well, the point is you're paying like $70 per adult on food that cost Disney less than $10 to prepare and serve. I guess whether the characters and setting are worth an additional $60 is up to each person. 10 years ago that same meal cost around $25.

Grumpy1973

Had the "Princess brunch" 2/10 for my daughters 5th birthday and it was much better than expected, my girl was overjoyed with getting to meet each princess one on one and get their autos and a pic. Can't say enough about our great service, our waiter David has been with WDW for nearly 40 years and made this the BEST dining experience we have ever had on property.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I paid in advance when we ate breakfast there last month. And it used to be if you were using the DDP, you paid via credit card and then once the wait staff scanned your band to use your dining credits, your credit card was refunded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom