Cinderellabration soft opening

Mickey Maniac

Original Poster
I hear that the new Cinderellabration show is supposedly having a "soft opening" on March 17. I'll be going a few days later and was curious what a "soft opening" was. Is it just showing that day?

jesserin

A soft opening is basically when they are testing the attraction and getting all the kinks out - it'll be a regular run through of the show (or attraction), but be sure to cut them some slack, as I've been to the soft opening of a few other shows and they can be kind of rocky - the CM's are wonderful but pulling something that big together takes practice and that's what the soft openings are for!

Captain Hank

A soft opening is sort of like a public dress rehearsal. It is used to gauge audience reaction and fine tune any glitches prior to the official opening of an attraction or show. Soft opening dates are somewhat unreliable and can be rescheduled if the attraction is not progressing as planned.

Edit: Awww, you beat me. :)

ISTCrew20

Mickey Maniac said:
I hear that the new Cinderellabration show is supposedly having a "soft opening" on March 17. I'll be going a few days later and was curious what a "soft opening" was. Is it just showing that day?
March 17th is still the date being given to CM's about soft openings. I'm guessing they will have a few signs up that day stating the time of the show (since they will most likely just be doing 1 or 2 the first day). Or they will put it in the times guide. But yea, March 17th is still looking good.

Atta83

I have heard the same dates as well. I keep checking and see the same thing. I am sure more info will be avalibale when the time comes.

tk421-sw

Sweet, I'll most likely be there on the 18th, so If I am, I'll get a Hi- quality video of it with my Sony DCR-vx2100. IT's a sweet, Picture, and maybe IASW too!

Montu

ISTCrew20 said:
March 17th is still the date being given to CM's about soft openings. I'm guessing they will have a few signs up that day stating the time of the show (since they will most likely just be doing 1 or 2 the first day). Or they will put it in the times guide. But yea, March 17th is still looking good.

Wow, popcorn boys know a whole lot these days don't they!

Or at least like to pretend they're in the loop....

Atta83

Montu said:

Hes right, I have heard this rumor as well. It doesnt matter if you work in QF&B, attractions, or entertainment. Once word spreads it spreads. That was really rude to say to him.

phichi17

Atta83 said:
Hes right, I have heard this rumor as well. It doesnt matter if you work in QF&B, attractions, or entertainment. Once word spreads it spreads. That was really rude to say to him.

Thanks Atta, I know I am not alone on here when I say that particular members rudeness is way over the top.

I am also sure that that member will have a "snappy" comeback to this post.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled thread.:)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Montu said:

That was pretty uncalled for. Patrick has been a long-standing contributor and deserves respect.

MysteryJames

Haroom, I'm a 'popcorn boy' at WDW. But I still know about openings and such of the attractions for HCoE. They give us resources for our own knowledge. That we share them with others is our business, and one that should be a bit more appreciated. We can get in trouble for sharing it, but we still think people should know.

You're welcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom