Cinderella Castle toys?

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
I'm curious, have they made playsets of Cinderella Castle? As a toy junkie, I can't look at that castle and not want a toy version of it. :)

Captain Hank

Well, there is a new Sleeping Beauty Castle (DL) toy, that they are also selling in WDW. It lights up in different colors. I'm pretty sure there are Cinderella Castle toys, but I don't recall any of them striking me as particularly good, or accurate (could be wrong about this).

(Hi there, this is my first post!)

This isn't a "toy" per se, but Olszewski just released an AMAZING Z-scale replica of Cinderella's Castle. It doesn't come cheap. I think it's selling for $250 at WDW right now. I ordered mine directly from them and it is beautiful!!! A few have been popping up on ebay already, but they are more expensive. It is just gorgeous though, about 12" tall, with lights that change just like at the real castle! It's probably the best Disney-related purchase I've ever made. Here is a pic: http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x24834cefc

I hope this helps you find what you're looking for!
~Natalie :)

P.S. Olszewski has also released Sleeping Beauty Castle, if you're a Disneyland fan too.

SewIn2Disney

There is the monorail Castle toy too. I considered it to be a GOOD castle toy. It opens up and comes with figures to put inside (topiary's, characters, etc.) It's adorable, but costs almost 100 dollars.

Captain Hank

nksteckler said:

This isn't a "toy" per se, but Olszewski just released an AMAZING Z-scale replica of Cinderella's Castle. It doesn't come cheap. I think it's selling for $250 at WDW right now. I ordered mine directly from them and it is beautiful!!! A few have been popping up on ebay already, but they are more expensive. It is just gorgeous though, about 12" tall, with lights that change just like at the real castle! It's probably the best Disney-related purchase I've ever made. Here is a pic: http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x24834cefc

P.S. Olszewski has also released Sleeping Beauty Castle, if you're a Disneyland fan too.
*Drool*

And, oh dear, how could I have forgotten the monorail castle! Sorry! :wave:

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
nksteckler said:

HOLY *@%&! THAT'S INCREDIBLE! I wish there was an actual "toy"that was at least nearly that accurate.

DisneyPhD

I really like our Cindy's castle toy we got DD back in aug 2003. They sell them for around $60 (back then the price might of went up). This is the monorail toy that SewIn2Disney was talking about. It is a neat toy and really looks like the WDW castle. (unlike many other castles we have.)

Money well spent. DD loves it and so do all her friends when they come over.

AEfx

Well, I *LOVE* my Cinderella Castle. I'll have to take a pic when I get home and post it up. It's about 18" tall, it's the one from the monorail series of toys.

It isn't totally accurate, but is wonderful nontheless. I like it MUCH more than the new version, which is a bastardized version of Sleeping Beauty castle for HCOE. It's made out of cheesy, see-through plastic and looks like a kids toy. What I like about the Cinderella Castle one is that they really did a nice job on the external textures.

Mine sits on a side table under a window. It never fails to illicit comments from visitors. I have the figures standing around it, but haven't opened it up and displayed it that way yet. I've got my first day off in awhile tomorrow, and I am considering doing just that as I catch up on my TiVo from the weekend.

Yes, I am a man in my mid-20's and I like to play with a WDW doll house. ;)

AEfx

AEfx

DisneyPhD said:
I really like our Cindy's castle toy we got DD back in aug 2003. They sell them for around $60 (back then the price might of went up). This is the monorail toy that SewIn2Disney was talking about. It is a neat toy and really looks like the WDW castle. (unlike many other castles we have.)

Money well spent. DD loves it and so do all her friends when they come over.

They are $65 now. The HCOE Sleeping Beauty ones (which, again, aren't nearly as impressive looking) are $70, I believe (I also think they "light-up" more, but am not sure).

If you buy one at WDW and have it shipped home (the box is very large, especially for the Cindy one) it costs like $11, BUT they give you a break on the tax if you ship it out of state. I think it ended up costing like $73 to have shipped, took about a week.

I've been toying with making a base for it with a lazy susan so I can display it in different ways. The only annoyance to me is that the light in the tower only stays on for a minute at a time - I'm an adult and I know how to turn things on and off, LOL. I'm going to try and rig it up to stay on, but I just haven't had the time to hack the castle hehe. ;)

AEfx

DisneyPhD

We had it shipped home too. The CM took off the tax seeing as we were out of state and the shipping ended up free. :kiss:

My DD really needs a castle table (think train table, but with Disney toys.) We have so many.

DH wants a monorail, we will see. If you have a monorail, then you need a poly and con then GF.............. It goes on and on. :hammer:

yensidtlaw1969

I love my Castle, although I wish they would make something more accurate in the future, but I can wait:D .

I have mine Hanging from my ceiling

http://yensidtlaw1969.tripod.com/sitename/id18.html

It my HO train going around the perimeter of my room (the black stuff on the red window balloon behind the castle is the track). I want to get my monorail up one day. I have Spaceship Earth also hanging from my ceiling (the original one the monorail passes under), so now I just need to get the monorail up, the TTC (Switch Station) , the Contemporary, the Monorail track and maybe the other accessories the monorail doesn't really interact with (Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Mad Tea Party and Astro Orbitor) up and then I'll be set:D .

I have plans to put the Train Station up soon.

Yensid "I-have-WAY-too-much-time-on-my-hands" tlaw1969

WDWcrazy626

Where did you get the trainstation!??!?! Is it part of the monorail set?? I have all the pieces, but I've never seen that one. I know about the transportation center piece but not the trainstation.

yensidtlaw1969

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-RAILROAD...oryZ1380QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://search.ebay.com/disney-train-station_W0QQfromZR8QQpqryZDsineyQ20TrainQ20Station

There are a few on Ebay (I think they're discontinued by Disney) at these links.

The Train Station was I believe $45 at Disney, and it is definately worth it.

It has a little button in front of the Station that has authentic sounds from the Railroad when played, such as the boarding announcemant, train whistle, etc. The problem is the only real way (or so it seems) is to trigger them is to reach over and press the button yourself, as it doesn't activate when the train goes bywhich would've been nice, but you can't have everything.

This set is actually HO scale, so not only is it in scale with the train set (HO ofcourse), but it's incredibly detailed AND accurate. I'd love to see an HO scale Castle, could you imagine the size of that thing? It sends chills up my spine:D .

Anyway, if you decide to bid on one, feel safe that you're getting something worthwhile.

Yensid "an-HO-Haunted-Mansion-would-be-nice-as-well-.-.-." tlaw1969

They just started making a "WDW Main Street Collection" by Olszewski with Cinderella's Castle as the first piece. From what I've heard, they are doing POTC next. The upside is all these pieces are very accurate (right down to the fiber optic lights in the trees lining Main St!). The down side is each piece is so expensive, and I think they're doing only the Magic Kingdom. But it will have a working train around the perimeter and buildings like the Train Station, Emporium, various attractions, and even little details like pin stations and a balloon guy.

The company is also doing this for DL but they have done many more pieces for them so far. Here is a link http://home.comcast.net/~levelmaker99/ and if you click on "Miniatures" you can see all the pieces and, I think, the layout of the whole collection. I wish I had the money to create a whole Magic Kingdom at my house!!!

Natalie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom