Cinderella Castle talk

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
I wanted to talk about Cinderella castle from some odd reason. :veryconfu
I love this castle. It is impossible to look at this thing and NOT be impressed. Even though it's actually smaller up close than it is from far away, that doesn't take away from the sheer awe factor of it. Has anyone ever stared at it on their first day in MK and thoght "No way i'm really standing here. this is some replica. I'm not really here" because you just can't believe you're ACTUALLY there? I don't think I did when I was little 15 years ago, but I did the second time a couple of months ago. Years of looking at this thng through pictures and videos and finally seeing it for myself for the first time in so long gave me this sense of disbelif. I don't think there is a term for this feeling I had so i'll just call it a :eek: ish feeling. XD But I got that feeling on alot the classic attrractions there such as Pirates and HM.

stof911

you know i had that thought back when i first went into the park after i got my id card for the college program and i went with some friends and i went through the train station and i was standing in the middle of main street usa and i thought i cant believe im here. I know i have been there plenty of times with my family but never to go there and work. totally sureal experience.

Punkss

Me and girlfriend went for the first time last year and its a brilliant experience for the first time and while we were gawping and grinning the welcome to Main St Parade (not sure of the real name sorry!) started and it just rounded it off, it was magic!

And then seeing the characters and the show by the castle straight after, it was a real "welcome to the magic" moment!

Also its brilliant at night in the different colours, it took us a little while to notice it was changing colours because we kept seeing it and going on a ride then seeing it again. We both thought we were going crazy so kept it quiet! Wishes was something else!

stitch131313

Punkss said:
Also its brilliant at night in the different colours

I love to see little kids reactions to the changing colors. Especially when it changes for the first time. They gasp and go, "Mom, Mom, did you see that!?" then they stare waiting for the next color change.

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Punkss said:
Me and girlfriend went for the first time last year and its a brilliant experience for the first time and while we were gawping and grinning the welcome to Main St Parade (not sure of the real name sorry!) started and it just rounded it off, it was magic!

And then seeing the characters and the show by the castle straight after, it was a real "welcome to the magic" moment!

Also its brilliant at night in the different colours, it took us a little while to notice it was changing colours because we kept seeing it and going on a ride then seeing it again. We both thought we were going crazy so kept it quiet! Wishes was something else!
They go and use kid voices singing. :cry: Nothing's garunteed to make a person cry more than THAT! Disney really fights dirty sometimes.

DisneySam

I love the Castle too...when I was last there I would just stare everytime we walked by, mostly observing the new additions, but still it is so beautiful. My favorite is at Chrismas with the decorations and poinsettas...so pretty!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
This is a perfect reconstruction of America of the early 1900s. Except for one thing. That huge CASTLE in the end totally ruins it for me

Its that way for a reason. It signifies you going from the "real world" of Main Street USA into the "fantasy" of the rest of the Magic Kingdom.

I realize you were kidding, but just letting you know why its like that.

mhead

It may actually be smaller than it appears, but good grief it is bigger than Sleeping Beauty castle at DL - went there for the first time this Summer and my wife and I still can't get over how small the castle is! Pretty and all, but REALLY small.

manda0125

Castle

Dragonrider1227 said:
I love this castle. It is impossible to look at this thing and NOT be impressed. Even though it's actually smaller up close than it is from far away, that doesn't take away from the sheer awe factor of it. Has anyone ever stared at it on their first day in MK and thoght "No way i'm really standing here. this is some replica. I'm not really here" because you just can't believe you're ACTUALLY there? I don't think I did when I was little 15 years ago, but I did the second time a couple of months ago. Years of looking at this thng through pictures and videos and finally seeing it for myself for the first time in so long gave me this sense of disbelif. I don't think there is a term for this feeling I had so i'll just call it a :eek: ish feeling. XD But I got that feeling on alot the classic attrractions there such as Pirates and HM.

I am so gald to hear that I am not the only one!! Everytime I go to Disney World, that first trip into Magic Kingdom is the BEST!! I just stand on Main Street and look at the castle and everything around me, and think "I'm really here." No matter how many times I go to Disney World that feeling never gets old nor goes away! I can't explain it either, but I like to think that it's the "magic" of it all:)

TchaikovskyVCID

Account Suspended
Dragonrider1227 said:

I went to Disney World last November. I spent my last night there in the Magic Kingdom. After being the last person of the day to ride Space Mountain :D I slowly walked down The Avenue of the Planets, the park was almost completely deserted except for a few stragglers. As I turned to stroll on down Main Street and exit the park, I turned around and walked to the Center of the Hub where the statue of Walt and Mickey is, I sat on a bench and just sat and watched the castle change colors. I must have been there for 25 minutes. Many CM's walked by but no one said anything to me. Then a man came over with his daughter on his shoulders, she couldn't have been older than 3 years old. I found out it was his first day and he found out it was my last day. He told me that they had arrived but hours before and he brought his family in to show them the Magic Kingdom for the first time. We sat and talked about Walt and Disney World and Dreams and such. And then he left and went off to find his family in Adventureland. I got up and slowly walked down the lit up, deserted Main Street. And before i walked under the Walt Disney World R.R. bridge, I turned around looked down Main Street one last time, bade Disney World farewell, and walked out to the monorail. That to me was the defining moment in my belief in "Disney magic"

Oh boy that was such a cliche movie moment. But I loved it.

rentNdisney

TchaikovskyVCID said:
I went to Disney World last November. I spent my last night there in the Magic Kingdom. After being the last person of the day to ride Space Mountain :D I slowly walked down The Avenue of the Planets, the park was almost completely deserted except for a few stragglers. As I turned to stroll on down Main Street and exit the park, I turned around and walked to the Center of the Hub where the statue of Walt and Mickey is, I sat on a bench and just sat and watched the castle change colors. I must have been there for 25 minutes. Many CM's walked by but no one said anything to me. Then a man came over with his daughter on his shoulders, she couldn't have been older than 3 years old. I found out it was his first day and he found out it was my last day. He told me that they had arrived but hours before and he brought his family in to show them the Magic Kingdom for the first time. We sat and talked about Walt and Disney World and Dreams and such. And then he left and went off to find his family in Adventureland. I got up and slowly walked down the lit up, deserted Main Street. And before i walked under the Walt Disney World R.R. bridge, I turned around looked down Main Street one last time, bade Disney World farewell, and walked out to the monorail. That to me was the defining moment in my belief in "Disney magic"

Oh boy that was such a cliche movie moment. But I loved it.

I had a moment just like that! A few years ago, the last day of out trip was my 15th birthday, and i stayed at the magic kingdom with my dad untill it closed. we jsut sat on a curb and watched the castle change colors. and dont worry aboutit being cliche, because thinking about it now still gives me goosebumps.

Expo_Seeker40

Ah nothing like WDW's castle. Tokyo's simply doesn't have the magic that this castle has.

My first time I saw the castle was actually when it was the 25th anniversary cake. LOL we have it on tape. My sister and I are whoaing and awwwing at the castle and my mom laughs and says to me "what do you think" and I say "I need to take a picture of it". LMAO :hammer:

I kind of wish the apartment that never became in the castle, could somehow allow CM's somewhere else to be in the castle:veryconfu so they could make a little museum for VIP's and keys to the kingdom tours to view the room and see the great views.

Bobble

I know what you mean. I got that awe sensation when I went anywhere in Disney, when I went last year. I haven't been many times so when I saw the castle for the first time other than it pictures it was amazing.

The castle simply is WDW for me.

My first day always consists of driving to Epcot, parking up, riding the monorail then changing to the ferry to MK.

Then through the front gates and there she is, Cinder's Castle, and I know I'm finally there...

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
mhead said:
It may actually be smaller than it appears, but good grief it is bigger than Sleeping Beauty castle at DL - went there for the first time this Summer and my wife and I still can't get over how small the castle is! Pretty and all, but REALLY small.
\
CINDERELLA: Mine's bigger than yours. ;)
SLEEPING BEAUTY: :lookaroun

shmmrname

On our last trip we said goodnight to the castle nearly every night we were on vacation. It was a surprise that I didn't even know existed. Now, we must do it as often as possible, as nothing is so intimate and seals a WDW day better.

cheshiresmile

i get that feeling with all of mk. i always insist on doing it the first day. it gives me that "yes i'm really really here" feeling. i can't wait to bring my fiance for the first time in nov to see his reaction to everything! renee

David

mhead said:

Our thoughts exactly. I thought I had prepared myself that it would be smaller than WDW, but man, it is REALLY small! It was fun seeing the original and being in DLR, but WDW is still my favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom