Cinderella Castle Suite details revealed

metscool

I like how they have to be out of there for Wishes and that you have to be staying at a Disney Resort to enter to win. But that would be cool to win then anything that they are giving away.

Tinkwannabe

I like how they have to be out of there for Wishes and that you have to be staying at a Disney Resort to enter to win. But that would be cool to win then anything that they are giving away.

How in the world are they going to be able to tell who's staying at a Disney resort and who's not? I thought it was totally random.

:confused:

2excitedkids

i would like to know how the computer picks up to 3 people a day and how do they know that it is you, do they just walk around asking if you are so and so? i seen above that people are saying that you have to be staying on site in order to be able to win the stay. i didn't see that stated but it would make sense how else would the computer be able to pick out your name if you are staying off site, maybe by your tickets i don't know? but how would they know that? i am still a little bit hesitant to see if you are staying off site if you qualify or not. we are leaving in 8 days to go down for an 8 day stay off site, i wouldn't hope that i wouldn't qualify for this because i am staying off site. i don't know i would like to know more details on how they are going to let the computer pick the winning family.

New2WDW

i would like to know how the computer picks up to 3 people a day and how do they know that it is you, do they just walk around asking if you are so and so? i seen above that people are saying that you have to be staying on site in order to be able to win the stay. i didn't see that stated but it would make sense how else would the computer be able to pick out your name if you are staying off site, maybe by your tickets i don't know? but how would they know that? i am still a little bit hesitant to see if you are staying off site if you qualify or not. we are leaving in 8 days to go down for an 8 day stay off site, i wouldn't hope that i wouldn't qualify for this because i am staying off site. i don't know i would like to know more details on how they are going to let the computer pick the winning family.

Maybe they pick you at the entry gate after you use your key card/ticket.:veryconfu
That is the only way I know if they are using a computer.

hokielutz

i would like to know how the computer picks up to 3 people a day and how do they know that it is you, do they just walk around asking if you are so and so? .... we are leaving in 8 days to go down for an 8 day stay off site, i wouldn't hope that i wouldn't qualify for this because i am staying off site. i don't know i would like to know more details on how they are going to let the computer pick the winning family.

Look it won't pick a family by name... it doesn't pick people by name unless you entered for the contest through their website. and then they will contact you by other means. The criteria in their computer tells the CM to a certain place at a certain time. Then it wants them to pick out the first person, or group of people they see that match a random criteria the computer generates.
For example.. they are told to go stand at the unloading zone of Everest... and then the criteria they are given is to award a prize to the people sitting in 3rd row from the back of the train that arrives at the station at 11:32AM.
Or they will look for someone wearing a certain color shirt at a particular location.. or the first person wearing an article of clothing that has the Stitch character printed on it.... Or someone who is bald...
Anything like that.. in the thousands of criteria variations could be used.

If they did have a name of someone... then they would have to have a spy on that family, following them around Disney, so they can be tracked down at the appropriate time in the morning to be announced the winner. It doesn't work like that and it is very Un-Disney to monitor and spy on people like that.

hokielutz

Maybe they pick you at the entry gate after you use your key card/ticket.:veryconfu
That is the only way I know if they are using a computer.

What if the three families that they choose decide not to go to the parks that day?? And how would they know which park the family will enter? Are they supposed to have 7 squads of Dream team reps at each of the Disney main gates?
No offense... but it really doesn't make sense... see earlier post for details on how they do their 'Magic.'

New2WDW

What if the three families that they choose decide not to go to the parks that day?? And how would they know which park the family will enter? Are they supposed to have 7 squads of Dream team reps at each of the Disney main gates?
No offense... but it really doesn't make sense... see earlier post for details on how they do their 'Magic.'

Yes that does makes sense. I forgot about the computer randomization from the earlier threads. I just saw that bit about the computer picking some one and was trying to think of why they would do that. Anyway, all clear!

2excitedkids

Each morning, a magical time and place is randomly selected from anywhere on Walt Disney World property to find a winner of a night in the Cinderella Castle Suite.
A Disney Dream Squad of cast members is advised of the selection, heads to the location and identifies the winning guest from the selection criteria.
The Disney Dream Squad informs the guest of their prize, explains the details of the prize and asks if they want to accept it.
If they accept, after a short verification process, the fanfare begins. (If the guest does not accept the prize, the computer randomly selects another lucky guest. The computer will select up to three guests each day.)

this is a post i had read on another thread on here, this is where i am getting the info of the computer will select up to three guests a day. i just didn't make this up, i read it and that is why i am asking on how a computer makes the selection.

MouseMadness

That is to be determined. There is no official answer on that one yet. :)

So "Christy's Official Home Away From Home" can't be ruled out just yet.
smilie_naughty.gif

:lookaroun

optjay

What about if you ARE staying of prop. ,a bit of a distance, or just a florida resident visiting from a bit of a distance? No night bag of clothes, or toiletries would take a long time to get them and no way to keep the Disney schedule?

Disneyfalcon

Each morning, a magical time and place is randomly selected from anywhere on Walt Disney World property to find a winner of a night in the Cinderella Castle Suite.
A Disney Dream Squad of cast members is advised of the selection, heads to the location and identifies the winning guest from the selection criteria.
The Disney Dream Squad informs the guest of their prize, explains the details of the prize and asks if they want to accept it.
If they accept, after a short verification process, the fanfare begins. (If the guest does not accept the prize, the computer randomly selects another lucky guest. The computer will select up to three guests each day.)

this is a post i had read on another thread on here, this is where i am getting the info of the computer will select up to three guests a day. i just didn't make this up, i read it and that is why i am asking on how a computer makes the selection.

2excited kids, we know you didn't make that up. You just misunderstood it. The computer selects up to three guests a day, but not by name. As was explained before, the computer picks the criteria for a winning guest. Like "the next person to sit on the third bench from the right in front of the castle". Does that make sense?

Disneyfalcon

What about if you ARE staying of prop. ,a bit of a distance, or just a florida resident visiting from a bit of a distance? No night bag of clothes, or toiletries would take a long time to get them and no way to keep the Disney schedule?

Optjay, staying near the property is not a requirement for winning. If you took longer to get an overnight bag, I'm sure they would just let you miss some of your activities. If you just drove in for the day from a few hours away, the dream squad would just ask if you wanted to stay anyway. I'm sure that day and evening would be worth wearing the same clothes for two days!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom