Cinderella Castle Playset Question

tripplanner

Original Poster
We just returned from 2 weeks in WDW. We traveled with our 3 young children, the youngest being 13 months. Well while were away we decided to wait until our last day to purchase our souvinears. The girls saw the 50th Anniversary Castle that lights up but in our haste on our last day, and with an unhappy baby, we bought the regular Cinderella castle instead. We had it shipped home and it just arrived yesturday. I am wondering if anyone out there has any pictures of the 50th Anniversary Edition. I am thinking about ordering it as a Christmas gift but I want to make sure it is worth it first. I checked ebay and found nothing. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

tripplanner

Original Poster
Thanks for the link. Anyone else have one? I checked ebay again and still could only find the one you sent me. I was hoping to see some of the details of the castle up close.

tinkerbella

Maybe you are typing in 'Cinderella's castle playset' which is really not what that is. It is actually Princess Aurora's castle playset. And it has Aurora and Phillip and the fairies not Cindy etc. I would type in Disneyland or Sleeping Beauty castle playset and see what you get.

AEfx

The one you got is far superior.

The 50th one is made with a lot of cheesy, see-through plastic, it's smaller, and it looks more like a "toy".

Of course, for kids playing with it, you want it to be "toy like", hehe, but still, I believe the Cinderella one to be far superior.

It looks great on an antique table in my living room. :)

AEfx

jesssingle

cindarella castle playset

We just returned from 2 weeks in WDW. We traveled with our 3 young children, the youngest being 13 months. Well while were away we decided to wait until our last day to purchase our souvinears. The girls saw the 50th Anniversary Castle that lights up but in our haste on our last day, and with an unhappy baby, we bought the regular Cinderella castle instead. We had it shipped home and it just arrived yesturday. I am wondering if anyone out there has any pictures of the 50th Anniversary Edition. I am thinking about ordering it as a Christmas gift but I want to make sure it is worth it first. I checked ebay and found nothing. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

hello! I just returned from WDW and almost bought the Cindarella Castle Playset at the Disney Store in the airport on our way home but figured I'd try to find it on-line somewhere. However, I'm finding there is an Enchanted Cinderella Castle out there that lights up but it doesn't look the same as the one I remember in the Disney store. Was your's $69 retail in a big blue box? I just want to try and find the right one!! Thanks!

jesssingle

Cinderella Castle Playset

hello! I just returned from WDW and almost bought the Cindarella Castle Playset at the Disney Store in the airport on our way home but figured I'd try to find it on-line somewhere. However, I'm finding there is an "Enchanted" Cinderella Castle out there that lights up/clock chimes/etc. but it doesn't look the same as the one I remember in the Disney store. Was your's $69 retail in a big blue box? I just want to try and find the right one!! Any links to eBay or other stores are appreciated. Thanks!

brkgnews

Had a photo in my "Not-So-Obvious update" from April 2005, but it looks like all the Imageshack photos I had are dead now. Let me see if I can pull one up from the archives here at Brkgnews World HQ.

shoppingnut

I saw that in the Premium outlet charater warehouse store this past weekend when we were down. If I recall correctly it was marked down to $34.99. Maybe it might be worth giving them a call to see if they still have any and if they can ship it to you. (407) 477-0222

I have seen both of them in person and can tell you that the one that you accidentally bought is a far better castle than the one that lights up. The light up one doesn't look like it is very well made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom