Cinderella Castle - 3d printed model in N Scale

Simon83079

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I thought I'd share this with yal, I'm currently recreating WDW's Cinderella Castle via 3d modeling and then 3d printing it in N scale and also plan on doing some custom projection shows and etc. I've been doing a lot of modeling and also did a test print. The height of the towers are 18cm if your wondering. I'm hoping to do some major testing on my test towers like painting and colours, Anyone got any tips on trying to paint it so it looks like there are the different bricks cause we all know the turrets bricky area arent a flat grey and etc.
wGbNYx3HLIK9wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
20180723_104833_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Looking good. Hope it turns out Amazing.

As you can see by my thread, I have been working on mine for a bit of time and still haven't got to the painting.

Question, Did you create your own models? I ask because someone posted a set of STL files very much like those, same exact parts but incomplete. Just trying to save you some time.

Also...just trying to be helpful...you may get contacted immediately asking you NOT to distribute those files even if you did create them. Disney is very protective of their designs. Many people have asked for mine and I sadly had to turn them down. I love Disney and so does my bank account. Don't need a lawsuit so i'm passing that advice to you. :) I don't want to see you get in trouble.

It's a fun project and I hope it turns out twice as good as mine.

Simon83079

Original Poster
Looking good. Hope it turns out Amazing.

As you can see by my thread, I have been working on mine for a bit of time and still haven't got to the painting.

Question, Did you create your own models? I ask because someone posted a set of STL files very much like those, same exact parts but incomplete. Just trying to save you some time.

Also...just trying to be helpful...you may get contacted immediately asking you NOT to distribute those files even if you did create them. Disney is very protective of their designs. Many people have asked for mine and I sadly had to turn them down. I love Disney and so does my bank account. Don't need a lawsuit so i'm passing that advice to you. :) I don't want to see you get in trouble.

It's a fun project and I hope it turns out twice as good as mine.

Thank you :) I am creating my own models for this project. I seem to have a habit of getting the base mostly done then restarting to make it more accurate but I think I've gotten to the point I'm happy with its detail and accuracy. And I haven't been contacted yet but ill defo keep my eye out. I do know how protective Disney can be. I don't plan on selling the model or anything I'm just doing this for fun. I actually plan on doing 3d prints of everything Disney castle from the parks and some from films. But thanks for the lil warning!

Simon83079

Original Poster
Newer update. Have actually done 4 redos of the model making it more accurate and making sure dimensions are perfect. I couldn't believe how much I got wrong on my first version lol. But ya I'm fully going at it again. And am happy with the results so far. The main question will be who do I go with when printing? I'd love to use Shapeways cause of their amazing quality but that's very pricey. While the original printer place I'm using is nice and affordable, the quality is not on the same level as Shapeways but is still very good. I actually did a price comparison between the 2 and that came to front 2 towers being £57 on Shapeways and just £25 at my local printer place. Then there's the question of, do I get my own 3d printer which could be more beneficial in the long run as I wouldn't have to pay things like VAT and markup prices and postage and etc. Well, I guess time will tell. I'm gonna try and update this more when I get progress done. I plan on getting another tower test done to see how these look as on my last test, I didn't have towers that went in, they were just flat which I painted black which did not turn out good.
New.png

Simon83079

Original Poster
Done a bit more and am quite happy with the progress I've done today xD I literally started this V4 this morning and have got this much done, I'm impressed with myself lol. Having a lil difficulty trying to figure out the front clock tower. Cause that's rather tricky. I can't find any reference pics that show its sides. So I'm thus not sure how to model it. I can only see the front. It is really awesome to see the forced perspective start to come into play and see how much taller it makes the castle look.
V4update.png

Simon83079

Original Poster
Hi all, Another lil update. The base of the castle is mostly done now. Still a few bits to do on the base. But more has been done higher up and not just on the tall tower either. So far I'm happy with the way this is looking. It's taking its time as I keep going back and forth between numerous reference pics trying to make sure that it's as close to the real deal as possible. If I'm able to keep this pace up, I'm hoping that I can have the castle fully modeled by December and perhaps start printing. Already been working out the colours too which will match up too hopefully. Gonna do some testing with colours soon. After this is castle project is completed and printed and etc. I'm gonna be looking at getting the others done too. Anaheims, Paris', Possibly Tokyo since its the same but idk if id want 2 of the same castle on display, Shanghai's and then Hong Kong (By that time the new castle will be done hopefully)
V4update3.png

Zeem

Hi Simon!

This looks amazing!!

I am about to take on the same project as you! Since you already have a lot of the castle modeled, would you be willing to share the files? I can help you finish them if you have not completed them yet, and I can then help you in return with the projection video!

I'd love to collaborate with you on this!

Keep up the good work it's going to look stunning!

Mickey2021

Wow, this model is the best I have seen so far. The other model posted here is not accurate to scale. For example, the angle of the roof over the clock is way off on the other model. Has any progress been made since the last post?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom