Christmas week

Bodyfather

Currently have a booking on 19th July which my early optimism has slowly become pessimism as to whether we'll get there!
As my wife is a teacher we're a bit limited as to when we can rebook for so are pondering looking at Christmas week. Couple of questions if anyone has been before at Christmas...

1. I understand it can get VERY busy around Christmas, is it prohibitively/ruin your holiday busy?
2. Are there any restrictions around changing my trip around certain times of the year anyone is aware of?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
If you are willing to wake up for rope drop you'll have a great time!! The parks beautiful and the crowds don't really pour in until around eleven am. MK opens at seven, so you'll have five hours of park time, then head back to the resort for relaxation and pool. You'll have to deal with the crowds when you come back for fireworks, but you can manage that.

Of course, nobody knows if there will be fireworks this year.

But i definitely recommend rope dropping if you are there Christmas day/week

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RememberWhen

For Christmas week, planning is definitely key. And early mornings, as has been said. Set your expectations reasonably (very busy, long lines) and you should have a blast!

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
For Christmas week, planning is definitely key. And early mornings, as has been said. Set your expectations reasonably (very busy, long lines) and you should have a blast!

We spent Christmas morning at MK, and from 7 to 9 am everything in fantasyland except mine train was a walk on.

Once the crowds came in, we were only able to use our fastpasses. So... choose those wisely

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't count out July yet.

1. It will only ruin your trip if you let it and are not prepared for MASSIVE crowds.
2. room rates are highest and discounts are limited or non existent and if you have a current discount its not going to follow you. Other than that I don't know what "restrictions" you're referring to.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I definitely wouldn't count out July yet either!

Disney at Christmas is beautiful, but I remember a friend took her kids this past Christmas and said that the only rides they got on were the ones they had fast passes for. They were also at capacity really early and ended up stuck because they were afraid if they went back to their resort they wouldn't be able to get back into MK, and said that it happened the 2nd day they were at MK that week too.

Hopefully things work out, July is still 3+ months away! Here's to hoping things get better!

Upvote 0

Bodyfather

Original Poster
Yeah hopefully July will still be a go but preparing myself for disappointment.
Coming from the UK so relying on 2 countries being out of the woods adds the extra uncertainty.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Christmas week is actually not bad but it depends if you are referring to the week up to Christmas or the week after. Before is crowded but more like spring crowded which is manageable. Week after Christmas, avoid it like coronoviris.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It is a very different Disney during the holiday. Changing your time will extend the countdown but it will bring you to a more spectacular, beautifully themed/decorated surroundings. Weve been several times and although there are high crowds, it didnt do anything to ruin or make our time disappointing. If you plan well and expect the crowds will be there to work around it, youll get a lot out of your trip. The seasonal extras make it enjoyable despite the numbers and I'd rather avoid the more hotter humid summer months.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We were there December 19-24, 2018. Yes it got very crowded in the parks as the day progressed. But we got to each park well before opening each day, had a (flexible) plan, made smart use of FP+s and ADRs, and we were able to ride everything we wanted and then some. This was pre-Star Wars so that may factor in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom