christmas resort

maggiegrace1

Grand Floridian is high on the list ..with the Gingerbread house and all...
But All of them have decorations up....and are beautiful..Yacht and Beach are amazing..and I LOVE LOVE LOVE The campgrounds at christmas time also..:)

Upvote 0

tampabrad

Ditto the ditto on the WL.

All of the resorts are beautiful during the Holiday Season, but the WL has that feel. Grab a cup of hot chocolate and sit by the tree and fireplace and you will see why it is the best. Makes you want to sing some carols and rip open some presents.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

I gotta go with the Wilderness Lodge. Really, it's the whole area over there. Fort Wilderness is next door, and the Christmas lights over there are perfect on a chilly night. ;)

Upvote 0

durangojim

WL is tops -- the fireplace and tree in the lobby and the ability to take a sleigh ride can't be beat! GF is second, kind of what I would imagine christmas with an English flair is like. Can't go wrong with either one.

Upvote 0

imamouse

The GF gets crowded with lots of folks coming over to look at the gingerbread house, etc. We stayed at the WL last Christmas and it was very beautiful. I only wish we were going back this year!:cry:

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesian. We've stayed at both during Christmastime (WL 1/05 & Poly 12/03).

We stayed at Riverside for Christmas last year and I really didn't think it had a great Christmas atmosphere.

Upvote 0

davewasbaloo

Hey, what do I know, I've only been to the UK once, and that was when I was 5. I guess it seems Victorian to me, isn't that kind of english?:lol:

I get your point. However, having lived in both countries.

In the UK, Victorian tastes were to go for very dark colors, and brick buildings. The style certainly was not to my taste at all. Most Dickens type films show English Victorian tastes well. Dark woods, colors, carpets, to mask the impact of coal dust.

However, American Victorian uses lots of bright colors and gingerbread architecture. White and red are very popular colors too. I love the American Victorian feel far more.

Didn't want to sound like a smarty pants, I just wanted to explain the difference. So many Americans think UK Victorian is like Mary Poppins, when a lot of the internal sets are more like American tastes of the Victorian period.:)

Upvote 0
Since we are going at Christmas for the first time, I'm so glad that we are dining at restaurants at the Poly, AKL, GF, WL, YBC and for whatever it is worth the Contemporary Resort. :xmas:

Upvote 0

durangojim

I get your point. However, having lived in both countries.

In the UK, Victorian tastes were to go for very dark colors, and brick buildings. The style certainly was not to my taste at all. Most Dickens type films show English Victorian tastes well. Dark woods, colors, carpets, to mask the impact of coal dust.

However, American Victorian uses lots of bright colors and gingerbread architecture. White and red are very popular colors too. I love the American Victorian feel far more.

Didn't want to sound like a smarty pants, I just wanted to explain the difference. So many Americans think UK Victorian is like Mary Poppins, when a lot of the internal sets are more like American tastes of the Victorian period.:)

I appreciate the info. I never know what I'll learn on these boards, and you're absolutely right about me imagining the UK Victorian style as reds and whites, it's good to learn some history once in a while. Have a great day!:wave:

Upvote 0

davewasbaloo

I appreciate the info. I never know what I'll learn on these boards, and you're absolutely right about me imagining the UK Victorian style as reds and whites, it's good to learn some history once in a while. Have a great day!:wave:

No probs. And another bit of trivia for you. The Whites even in modern Europe do not look great, and they get dirty easy. That is one of the reasons why the Disneyland Hotel in Paris is painted pink instead. It's better looking in the grey skies of a European winter.

Upvote 0

KnightRonin

We stayed at Pop Century one Christmas. A little red tree in the room and presents under it. Perfect -- and cheap. The resort itself wasn't terribly Christmasy.

We bussed over to the other resorts to get into the REAL Christmas spirit. Going from one to the other is like walking through so many different varieties of the Holiday Season. Wonderful.

Warning: Don't EAT the bloody gingerbread shingles at the GF. They taste surprisingly like real shingles. Not so much gingerbread.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom