Christmas Party Attire

MotherofaPrincessLover

I have heard that some people wear pajamas to the Christmas party. Is this true? I think my kids would enjoy that but I don't want them being the only ones wearing pajamas.

Minthorne

I've also seen folks in the holiday pajama suits

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes many people wear Christmas themed pajamas.
As a woman with a big bust I wouldn't do it because I'd have to wear a bra anyways which kinda defeats the purpose of being in comfy pj's.
Instead I choose to just wear a Christmas shirt and usually a Disney Christmas zip up hoodie.

Upvote 0

aladdin2007

speaking of the christmas party,,is it worth it? I mean my family was thinking about doing it just for fun, no kids included,,,and seems like it would be fun and festive and a nice night out. But then someone else told us they went a couple years ago and it was so horrible because it was so overcrowded they couldn't enjoy or see anything. is it that bad?

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
speaking of the christmas party,,is it worth it? I mean my family was thinking about doing it just for fun, no kids included,,,and seems like it would be fun and festive and a nice night out. But then someone else told us they went a couple years ago and it was so horrible because it was so overcrowded they couldn't enjoy or see anything. is it that bad?

I've been 4 times. Most recently last year and I'll be going in 2020.
My family LOVES Christmas and Disney so to put both together is truly amazing.
We don't go for the meet and greets or the parade. We go for the overall atmosphere, treats, and short wait times for rides.
Its worth it for us but you need to decide for yourself.

Upvote 0

TaoBoxer

IMO, definitely worth it. Went last year & going again this year. Personally, it's my favorite time of the year to visit. Can be crowded but people are more pleasant.

Upvote 0

MissViv

I've been 4 times. Most recently last year and I'll be going in 2020.
My family LOVES Christmas and Disney so to put both together is truly amazing.
We don't go for the meet and greets or the parade. We go for the overall atmosphere, treats, and short wait times for rides.
Its worth it for us but you need to decide for yourself.

Just back and we went to the Christmas Party for the first time and loved it … worth every penny IMO. Would definitely do it again, the parade was amazing. Really puts you in the Christmas Spirit.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I have seen people do it, but why? I do not understand going out in public in pajamas, especially somewhere where your going to be taking pictures. It does not say cute or Christmas it says lazy. I don't even understand people who open gifts on Christmas morning in pajamas, there are going to be photos, you get up get dressed and do your hair and make up.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

I have seen people do it, but why? I do not understand going out in public in pajamas, especially somewhere where your going to be taking pictures. It does not say cute or Christmas it says lazy. I don't even understand people who open gifts on Christmas morning in pajamas, there are going to be photos, you get up get dressed and do your hair and make up.
The thought of guests wearing pajamas in the theme park that will get dirty and smelly then go back to their hotel room and sleep in the same attire makes me lose my appetite.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Whoa apparently the age of social media has effected you deeply. Afraid to have a pic out there that you do not look perfect in? Also are you trying to say that everyone should wear makeup? None of the women in my family wear makeup ever. What does that say about us? We're lazy? lol. I have a great deal of tangible photos from my childhood where we are in our pajamas and it's not in the morning it's in the evening because our tradition was always open gifts after dinner since my parents liked to relax and look at the tree with the presents still wrapped.
And at the parties it's anything but lazy. People go.out and buy cute matching pajamas. Its effort to do that. And like I said upthread I have a large bust so I would have to wear a bra. That ain't being lazy and comfy. My guess is most women wear a bra with these cute matching pajamas so it's no different than wearing regular clothes as far as the lazy factor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The thought of guests wearing pajamas in the theme park that will get dirty and smelly then go back to their hotel room and sleep in the same attire makes me lose my appetite.
Doubt anyone is actually wearing them to bed that night. Maybe the little ones who's parents often bring pajamas along no matter when they go if they are staying late and want to be able to lay their sleeping child directly into bed when they add drive back at the hotel. Heck there have been times that as a child I would end up sleeping in my clothes if my parents could not manage to wake me up enough to change. They wanted to avoid the sleepy cranky crying ya know?

Upvote 0

sixbagelboy

It is well worth it. MAKE SURE you watch the fireworks in a spot where you can see the castle. The show is simply amazing

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Whoa apparently the age of social media has effected you deeply. Afraid to have a pic out there that you do not look perfect in? Also are you trying to say that everyone should wear makeup? None of the women in my family wear makeup ever. What does that say about us? We're lazy? lol. I have a great deal of tangible photos from my childhood where we are in our pajamas and it's not in the morning it's in the evening because our tradition was always open gifts after dinner since my parents liked to relax and look at the tree with the presents still wrapped.
And at the parties it's anything but lazy. People go.out and buy cute matching pajamas. Its effort to do that. And like I said upthread I have a large bust so I would have to wear a bra. That ain't being lazy and comfy. My guess is most women wear a bra with these cute matching pajamas so it's no different than wearing regular clothes as far as the lazy factor.
Yes, it is it means you are too lazy to put on clothes. I was raised where you do not go outside not dressed and not wearing clothes is not dressed. It is just proper. Pajamas are for sleeping not for going outside the house, and yes I'm sorry but running around with out make up is just lazy, it means you are to lazy to put it on. And if I had ever let a photo be taken of me in my pajamas , I would still be grounded to this day. It's just so wrong. Pajamas are for sleeping not for running around outside , weather true or not it looks like you rolled out of bed and went to the park, it may not be lazy but it looks lazy.One time when I was in high school and thought I would be cute like my friends and wear pajama pants to school my mother saw me made me go change into proper outdoor clothing and I was grounded for 6 weeks. As well as the last VMCP I went to this poor women with her 4 kids had ridden splash mountain their pajamas got we and would not dry, we had to help her dry pajamas the best we could with the hand dryers as it was too cold to walk around wet

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes, it is it means you are too lazy to put on clothes. I was raised where you do not go outside not dressed and not wearing clothes is not dressed. It is just proper. Pajamas are for sleeping not for going outside the house, and yes I'm sorry but running around with out make up is just lazy, it means you are to lazy to put it on. And if I had ever let a photo be taken of me in my pajamas , I would still be grounded to this day. It's just so wrong. Pajamas are for sleeping not for running around outside , weather true or not it looks like you rolled out of bed and went to the park, it may not be lazy but it looks lazy.One time when I was in high school and thought I would be cute like my friends and wear pajama pants to school my mother saw me made me go change into proper outdoor clothing and I was grounded for 6 weeks. As well as the last VMCP I went to this poor women with her 4 kids had ridden splash mountain their pajamas got we and would not dry, we had to help her dry pajamas the best we could with the hand dryers as it was too cold to walk around wet

So you're calling me lazy because I do not choose to wear makeup?
Maybe my family believes in natural beauty instead of being fake.
Not everyone feels the need to cover their face.

Upvote 0

Jon81uk

Most people wear the Pajamas as a form of fancy dress. Exactly the same as wearing a costume to the Halloween party.
In the majority of cases I expect it’s the exact opposite of lazy, people are making an effort to wear a fun outfit to celebrate at the party. Some wear a Christmas sweater, others a plaid shirt and some go all out with full PJs. It’s no different to people dressing up for the Hallowe’en party.

In terms of being soaking wet, the same could also have happened at the Halloween party or any other evening in the magic kingdom of someone coming underdressed and then going on Splash at night with no sunshine to dry themselves back out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom