Christmas Parade '04?

awallaceunc

Original Poster
Does anyone know what day the Magic Kingdom plans to start holding Mickey's Holiday Parade (the daytime parade- not the one during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party)?

Also, does anyone else wonder why they stop MVMCP so soon before Christmas?

-Aaron

esauerh

From www.waltdisneyworld.com

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
November 28, 30 and December 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 17, 2004
Join the celebration and make your holiday the merriest with this festive party - the best gift that you can't fit under your tree.

wannab@dis

awallaceunc said:
Does anyone know what day the Magic Kingdom plans to start holding Mickey's Holiday Parade (the daytime parade- not the one during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party)?

-Aaron
The last day of the party is the 17th, so they will probably show the Christmas Parade starting on the 18th.

From what I understand, they don't offer the parties close to Christmas due to the crowd levels. They need to keep the park open later into the evening since the crowds are much heavier the closer you get to Christmas.

DebbieB

awallaceunc said:

-Aaron
According to this website, it starts on December 18th at 2:00pm:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/dec.html

MVMCP is to attract people during the first part of December when the parks are not crowded. When it gets close to Christmas, crowds start to build and they don't want to close MK early.

awallaceunc

Original Poster
Well MousePlanet said that Disney doesn't plan to show it during the day at ALL this year. I realllly hope that's either mistaken info or just a marketing ploy on Disney's part.

-Aaron

CTXRover

Direct from the official www.disneyworld.com site and the MK calendar for December shows that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade will start on December 18th with showings everyday at 2:00pm for the holiday season. When I had checked that calendar last week though it had said the Share a Dream Come True parade was to be shown throughout that holiday weeks (which is probably where Mouseplanet got their wrong info?)

The reason that MVMCP isn't done after Dec 17th is at least two-pronged. First, the party is to get primarily locals into the MK during the slow season in order to experience the Christmas entertainment in a special setting without the crowds of the holiday period. Second, the party stops once the crowds come because of the need to extend the normal park hours. As it now stands, the park closes at 11pm everynight of the holiday period (I imagine it will be extended to midnight as the entire week of Thanksgiving the park now closes at midnight when it was originally posted to close at 10 most days that week) and would not be guest-friendly to close the park at 6pm during that time to hold the party, as is done during the first part of Dec.

awallaceunc

Original Poster
Good to see they've updated the official calendar to reflect that, I won't feel quite as bad if I have to miss the Xmas party now. Thanks for the update!

-Aaron

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom