Christmas Lockouts

CAPTAIN HOOK

Can anyone tell me whether any of the 4 main Disney Parks stopped admitting guests during Christmas 2006 due to reaching capacity and if so on which dates

wickedwitchware

they sure did..magic kingdom closed the gates on dec 26th and 27th.. and boy was that place crowded!! they werent shut down the entire day you just need to be there early in the morning but by noon time forget it.the spill over put all the other parks at almost capacity..even epcot which is spead out was mobbed.just need to be an early riser. good luck!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is a thread floating around here somewhere that documented the week of Christmas and New Years 2006. If memory serves me correctly there were as many as 3 of the 4 parks in some phase of closure at the same time. If the increase in attendance continues we can expect to see more of the same this year.

Upvote 0

cdunbar

I think monorail is right, b/c I had a few friends who had come home for x-mas try to go to the new years party got there at like 1 or 2 pm and couldn't get into the kingdom
:brick:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
OK - Thanks for that...........................

Now, would a Disney Resort Guest with a Dining Rervation still be admitted to a Park that had been closed or would they be turned away as well ?

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm working on a similar question, and noticed that Disney seems to have dropped the "guaranteed park admission" benefit from its advertising. So I'm guessing that's no longer a benefit. Just a hunch.

Len

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OK - Thanks for that...........................

Now, would a Disney Resort Guest with a Dining Rervation still be admitted to a Park that had been closed or would they be turned away as well ?
It would depend on what phase of closure they are in. It is my understanding that as a resort guest you would be allowed in up until a phase 4 closure.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

As I remember, even Animal Kingdom hit an advanced state of closure on one recent holiday (can't remember which). Behold the power of Everest!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom