Christmas in Disney World?

Kevi

My chorus is singing for the Candlelight Processional and we are singing two days before Christmas. I convinced my parents to come and see me and to stay the rest of the week thorughout Christmas. I know it is going to be mega-crowded, but I don't care!

I just want to know if anyone here has been there during Christmas and what was it like?

MissM

This will probably be moved to the General Discussions or Trip Planning forum since it's neither a post about news or rumors. Just a head's up.

Secondly, I've never been xmas day, but I did go xmas eve two years ago and it was wonderful. Amazingly quiet as everyone was traveling that day and not spending the day at MK. That said however, anything between December 25th and January 2nd or so will be slammed. Some days reaching capacity complete with closures. Most especially New Year's Eve.

Either way, WDW is beautiful during the holidays so have a nice time.
-m

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

I did Christmas at MK with my friend and let's just say....You might want to either get a book or a PSP..cuz your gonna be waiting in lines for sometime..

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We've been to WDW many times during the Christmas season usually arriving on the 26th. On our last visit the MK was open til midnight each night without EMH. Check out the park hours when you are there since you might get lucky like we did. We'd visit a park during the day and finish each night at the MK. Visit some of the resorts to see their decorations. It will be crowded but if you're prepared for the crowds they don't seem as bad.

Upvote 0

col

My chorus is singing for the Candlelight Processional and we are singing two days before Christmas. I convinced my parents to come and see me and to stay the rest of the week thorughout Christmas. I know it is going to be mega-crowded, but I don't care!

I just want to know if anyone here has been there during Christmas and what was it like?

first of all congrats for being part of the CP! i saw the show 3 times a in 2005 and it was amazing i really liked it.

WDW at xmas is amazing!! i loved it. it was totally different from what i expected -im so glad i got to go and experience it and see and do everything.

there are loads of queues for everything but u go for the atmosphere and everything else.

enjoy the CP and the world.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

The whole Christmas week will be crowded, but it is still doable. My best advice for "doing things" (getting on rides without a long wait time) is to be at the parks at opening. You will have a window of a few hours that it isn't too crowded. Walk on rides and then FP for the afternoon.

MK and AK will probably close for some time due to capacity. You really need to plan your days more carefully depending on what you want to accomplish.

If you want sit down meals, make the reservations ASAP. Some of the restaurants have special Christmas meals.
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_christmas.htm

For a summary of the various Christmas activities, see:
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm

Upvote 0

smk

I just want to know if anyone here has been there during Christmas and what was it like?[/quote

We have been several times over the Christmas Holiday. The days before Christmas aren't very crowded at all, Christmas day is surprisingly quiet and laid back. However, the days following Christmas are a crowded mess! It is so much fun to spend the Holiday there tho, you won't mind the crowds at all! :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom