christmas decorations

tinks

Can anyone tell me when wdw set put up chrismas decorations, and all the holiday fun starts? planning next year nov 25- dec 2nd. will they be up by then??:xmas:

bgula

They've already begun putting up the Osborne lights at MGM. Saw the first few toward the end of August. As for the other decorations at the parks, I'm not sure - sorry.

Upvote 0

meryll83

They will definitely be up, we went Nov 15th - 29th last year and they were already up when we got there.
The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights started I think in the second week we were there, and The Candlelight Processional began in the last couple of days we were there.
So you'll have it all! It was pretty quiet as well other than the thanksgiving weekend, you've picked a great time to go!!
Oooh and I believe the first Very Merry Christmas Party was in the last couple of days we were there aswell!!

Upvote 0

MissM

When I was there for Halloween Night MNSSHP, a CM was saying that after the park closed, the holiday decorations were coming out and they would start the process of decorating the next day.

So, yup! They'll be up.
-m

Upvote 0

jim1051

We were there the week before Thanksgiving in 2005. Some were up when we arrived and everyday more and more were visible. It was fun to walk through lobbies and parks each day and see more secorations each day.

I think the goal is to be fully decked by Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

I wouldn't get too upset if they aren't all up by the time you get there. Heck, they've got 130 trailors of decorations to put up ya'know, that takes alittle more time than most of us take to do our own. :animwink:

Upvote 0

KrazyKowboy

They will be up and all special events will be in full swing.
This will be our third year to arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The weekend will be crowded, but by Monday and the whole next week, the parks will be at some of the lowest crowd levels of the year. A great time to visit.

And plan ahead for tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It's a blast !!

:xmas:

Upvote 0

wdwlvr

My husband and I were there last Nov. 6-10 and the decorations were up then. That even included all the huge Christmas trees at each of the parks. They were even playing Christmas music at Magic Kingdom!

Next trip: Dec. 2-8, 2006!!!!

Upvote 0

renetick

We are going from Nov 11-19 and have already purchased MVMCP tickets for November 13, 2006. This year the party is from November 13 - December 22, 2006.

The Osborne Family Christmas Lights will be from November 14, 2006 - January 7, 2007 according to Disney's web site.

Upvote 0

tinks

Original Poster
is it too early to buy the tickets for mickeys very merry christmas party for 2007? if so how far in advance should i purchase them.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes, its too early. I am not sure that the 2006 tickets are even available yet, but as soon as they make the announcement, you should purchase them. Certain nights are very popular and sell out quickly.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Yes, its too early. I am not sure that the 2006 tickets are even available yet, but as soon as they make the announcement, you should purchase them. Certain nights are very popular and sell out quickly.

The 2006 tickets have been on sale for several months. We're going Nov. 30th. :sohappy:

The 2007 tickets won't be on sale until next summer.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The 2006 tickets have been on sale for several months. We're going Nov. 30th. :sohappy:

The 2007 tickets won't be on sale until next summer.

After I posted I read in an earlier post that someone had already purchased theirs. I was too lazy to go back and edit my post.....:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom