Christmas Decorations

SallyShine

I'm helping a friend plan a Thanksgiving DCL cruise. Does anyone know if the Christmas decorations will be up on the ships Thanksgiving week? Also, when do they start decorating the resorts and parks?
:xmas:

Braves323

I do not know about the cruise ships but I would assume that the decorations will be up based on the holiday time frames for the parks. The Osbourne Lights begin at MGM on Nov.13 and Holidays Around the World at Epcot begins Nov.24.

Upvote 0

Stitch's Cousin

I was on the DCL Magic last year during the week before Thanksgiving. As the week progressed, more and more Christmas decorations "magically appeared" each morning (including the trees in the main entrance area). So based on my experience, the boats should certainly be decorated for Thanksgiving week.

I'm not sure about the parks and resorts. I've been going to WDW for the last 6 years during October/ November. It seemed that last year, decorations were put up much later than in previous years. If I recall correctly, during the 2nd week of November 2005, the main Christmas trees were up at the parks, but the resorts were much less decorated.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Original Poster
Stitch's Cousin said:
I was on the DCL Magic last year during the week before Thanksgiving. As the week progressed, more and more Christmas decorations "magically appeared" each morning (including the trees in the main entrance area). So based on my experience, the boats should certainly be decorated for Thanksgiving week.

I'm not sure about the parks and resorts. I've been going to WDW for the last 6 years during October/ November. It seemed that last year, decorations were put up much later than in previous years. If I recall correctly, during the 2nd week of November 2005, the main Christmas trees were up at the parks, but the resorts were much less decorated.

Thanks! That is exactly the information I was looking for!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Stitch's Cousin said:

We went in Sept last year, it was cool going into shops and seeing BRAND NEW SHOPS every day. We would leave the park at midnight and sure enough at 9am, new racks of stuff and all kinds of decorations. It's pretty cool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom