Christmas Decorations

BTDis

When are the Christmas decorations up in all the parks? I know the Osborne starts November 21, but when do they have the decorations everywhere else? Thanks for your help.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by BTDis
When are the Christmas decorations up in all the parks? I know the Osborne starts November 21, but when do they have the decorations everywhere else? Thanks for your help.

Don't quote me on this but I do believe all Christmas decorations are up and ready Thanksgiving Day.

Upvote 0
It depends. In 99, our last day in the park was the day before Thanksgiving and most of the parks had almost all of the decorations up. Studios and Epcot were all done (have the pictures to prove it) but MK was going up that night. All the resorts that we visited were done a couple of days before that.

In 00, our last day was two days before Thanksgiving but hardly any of the decorations were up yet either park or resort. From what we gathered from the CM's was that darn near all of the decorations were going up on Thanksgiving Eve after hours. It was pretty much a mandatory work night for all CMs.

If you go the week after Thanksgiving, everything will be up but don't tell too many people as I want as small a crowd as possible while we are there.

Upvote 0

mickeyears

We stayed at the Contemporary 2 weeks before Thanksgiving week and one morning when I went out in the concourse it was all decorated. They must have done it over night. Then that day they put the hugh Christmas tree out front of the resort. It was beautiful. I would say that the decorations are being put up 2 weeks before Thanksgiving throughout the resorts and parks.

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
They put the Christmas decorations go up a bit before Thanksgiving.

Note: Country Bears is closed the Monday,Tuesday, & Wednesday before Thanksgiving to install the Christmas show.

Note 2: I've heard they will no longer put the Santa Hat on the Earffel Tower because it is too expensive. Go figuare!

Upvote 0

DisJosh

Ok I can handle this 5 out of seven of my trips have been the weeks b4 and after thanksgiving....Everyone who syas they go up thanksgiving day is wrong unless you mean some of the minor stuff at the resorts. You can expect to wake up the day after thanksgiving and find the parks totally decked out in holiday decorations. And for the CBJ being closed on the days mentioned.....I dont think so.....I always hit the CBJ thanksgiving day and the day after.....its cool how fast they get things done and they do it all out of site.

Upvote 0

Maria

Xmas decoration and celebrations start the day after Thanksgiving. You may have some of the decoration ready for Thanksgiving, but not everything as they finish setting everything up that exact night. :)

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Maria, the decorations are put up before Thanksgiving and are completed by Thanksgiving day. I go down around that time almost every single year and they have completed it.

Upvote 0

Maria

Sure....it takes long to set everything up, but the deadline is Thanksgiving night. For instance, the Xmas tree in Epcot is not there before Thanksgiving, they set it up that same night. The Osborne´s spectacle of lights, I am almost sure starts the day after too, but don´t quote me on that. Everyday I went to work during november, you could see how they added a new Xmas decoration in the park during the night. ;) So if anyone wants to make sure they see it all set and running, I would tell them to be there the day after Thanksgiving when the celebrations begin.:)

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
No, the first viewing of the Osborne Spectacle of Lights is a couple of days before Thanksgiving. The Magic Kingdom is set on Thanksgiving Day while it takes Epcot a bit longer. I have no idea what Animal Kingdom has planned but I heard they will have more Christmas decorations then ever.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by BTDis

Make sure to be there the day after Thanksgiving. :)

Upvote 0

DisJosh

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Maria, the decorations are put up before Thanksgiving and are completed by Thanksgiving day. I go down around that time almost every single year and they have completed it.

So do I and I'm telling ya they go up thanksgiving day night so that theyre up for the day after thanksgiving. Some minor odds and ends go up b4 in the resorts but thats it, the rest just pops up over night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom