Christmas Decorations Watch

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Since there seems to be a lot of interest in people being kept up-to-date regarding what Christmas decorations have been put up around the property, I thought I would post these topic as the place to go/come for news regarding Christmas decorations. Please post any updates as you see them. I will do my best to update this post to reflect what's up!

Here's what's up so far as far as I know:
Epcot: The tree in the Showcase Plaza area is today up and lit, as is the tree at the American Adventure. Each country also has the majority of it's decorations in place and lit. 3/4 of the Lights of Winter archways are up, but not yet lit.

MGM: Osbourne lights up, tree up and lit. Other misc. decorations up.

AK: Camp Minnie-Mickey is decorated.

MK: Castle lights on, currently being tested after hours. Magic Kingdom looks to be complete, if not close to complete. The Christmas Tree is up in the Rose Garden, and overnight last night the wreaths/garland were hung on Main Street, and Christmas music has taken over Main Street.

DtD: Merchandise available, no decorations yet, however.

Resorts: Unknown.

fizzle75

Awesome! I can't wait to see it all in person in about a month or so!:sohappy:

Thanks for the update. So, have they finished installing all of the lights on the castle? When do the ginger bread house at GF, the Christmas Village at AK and the tree in the lobby of the WL go up?

sillykid

Fizzle, I saw that you went recently, but didn't see a trip report. I remember you having one in the past 8 months or so, and enjoyed it. Hope you get some good photos to share.:wave:

papercut

The Castle Dream Lights are on at night after the park closes. Someone on another message board took this from the Contemporary.
1820545659_61d8d30769_o.jpg

DisneyBuff

AK doesn't have their decorations up. I am surprised. I normally come down during halloween and the past two years (not counting this one) they were the first to have their decorations. I remember heading to camp minnie and mickey and hearing christmas music while waiting for the lion king on the day before halloween.

I always looked forward to getting a bit of the christmas feeling while there that week. Is AK getting new decorations then? I know the current ones were getting a bit dated.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Where'd you get that the Osbourne Lights are lit? They certainly weren't this past weekend.

I read it in another post Thursday (I thought). What decorations are out. I know there are some, because I distinctly remember someone pointing out the irony of HSM Pep Rally singing about summer with christmas decor in the background.

coasterphil

Everything is out, but the only things lit are the garland above Hollywood Blvd, the Christmas tree out front, and the lamppost trees. None of the Osbourne stuff is on yet.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
At least two of the archways for the Lights of Winter are installed but it's not lit yet.

Were you working at Epcot last year? If so, have any idea how far along they are now versus how far they were last year? Everything I read said Epcot would be last to have its decorations 'on', starting about November 23rd. I'm really hoping we might get to see the Lights of Winter and Santas while we're there from Nov 15-20...

Figment82

Were you working at Epcot last year? If so, have any idea how far along they are now versus how far they were last year? Everything I read said Epcot would be last to have its decorations 'on', starting about November 23rd. I'm really hoping we might get to see the Lights of Winter and Santas while we're there from Nov 15-20...

Yep, I was there last year. They are right on schedule if not a little early since Epcot usually waits until the day after Thanksgiving to start their celebration (they are the only park to remain faithful to the actual start of the holiday season). The tree is lit and the archway will usually be lit too, but they won't have the Tree Lighting Ceremony and the Lights of Winter won't dance until the 23rd.

Most of the countries (Canada, UK, France, America, Italy, Germany) are decorated but they're aren't done yet.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The Castle Dream Lights are on at night after the park closes. Someone on another message board took this from the Contemporary.
1820545659_61d8d30769_o.jpg

Oh... NICE... its looks great! I feared that they would look Liberace-esq / gaudy as hell. But that is pretty sharp looking (from the Contemp).

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Oh... NICE... its looks great! I feared that they would look Liberace-esq / gaudy as hell. But that is pretty sharp looking (from the Contemp).

If you've seen any pictures of Paris' castle at Christmas, I think you'll know what a treat we're in for.

PhilharMagician

As figment82 said, don't expect Epcot to start the celebration until November 23. The Candlelight, Illumination W/ Holiday tag, Christmas around the world and tree lighting ceremony are all scheduled to start together the Friday after Thanksgiving. I do believe that the Osborne Lights start next week along with the Jingle Jungle Parade. I would expect MK will be gearing up for next week also, but the tree will probably be located in the grass area by the old Swan Boat load zone and not in Town Square. The tree doesn't move till after the Christmas Parade taping. the resorts should be looking good, so go check them out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom