Christmas Decorations 2010

BrerFrog

Original Poster
I searched through the entire site, but I couldn't find any info on when christmas decorations are generally removed from the park. My friend will be arriving early in January and she asked me when those would be down.

I know there is probably not a set date for this year's decorations, but the past could be a good indication of the future. And I am sure someone here has that info.

TuffyCatt

We usually go the first week of January and all the Christmas decorations are still up in full force, especially the first several days. Around the 3rd or 4th, though, certain things such as the holiday themed parades and Osbourne lights begin to finish up, so your friend might want to catch these as soon as possible if they're something she wants to see.

I believe on our last trip we arrived on January 1, 2009 and were there for about a week. The majority of the decorations remained in the parks the whole time we were there. However, the decorations at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, where we were staying, were removed about half way through the week.

Anyway, that's been my experience! I've never been around longer than the first week in January, so I'm not sure when the majority of the decorations are taken down.

rct247

A very large portion of the Christmas decorations remained up until around MLK weekend. It seemed that after that, they disappeared pretty fast.

JPWDW2

Back in 06, we went in January from the 10th to 20th and some decorations were still up at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, but Epcot and MK didn't. They had these beautiful 50th anniversary aka "the happiest celebration on earth" golden decorations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom