Christmas day parade taping dates

l4dybu6

Being in the parade filming is really not as much fun as it seems... You have to stand in the cold for HOURS! The school my mom teaches at has a thing where the kids get in free, but they have to be in the parade filming. But sometimes we do get to watch some of the performances!And if you sneak away while the parade is going on, the wait times are very short ;)

prberk

Being in the parade filming is really not as much fun as it seems... You have to stand in the cold for HOURS! The school my mom teaches at has a thing where the kids get in free, but they have to be in the parade filming. But sometimes we do get to watch some of the performances!And if you sneak away while the parade is going on, the wait times are very short ;)

Another reason why the parade should go back to being live. It was much more fun and real-looking on TV back then. Compare this to the kinetic energy and fun of the live Macy's parade on TV.

habuma

!And if you sneak away while the parade is going on, the wait times are very short ;)

Very true. We were there during the parade taping in 2008, but had no idea that a parade was being taped. We found ourselves walking around nearly deserted Adventureland and Frontierland areas feeling like we had the park to ourselves. It wasn't until we started heading back toward the entrance (to park-hop over to Epcot) that we realized what was going on. It was fun watching the parade, but it was also nice to enjoy portions of the park without any crowds.

We're going to be there again this weekend and while part of me thinks it would be fun to watch the parade, I'm also looking forward to experiencing the rest of the park in a way we couldn't if there wasn't a parade being taped.

Very true. We were there during the parade taping in 2008, but had no idea that a parade was being taped. We found ourselves walking around nearly deserted Adventureland and Frontierland areas feeling like we had the park to ourselves. It wasn't until we started heading back toward the entrance (to park-hop over to Epcot) that we realized what was going on. It was fun watching the parade, but it was also nice to enjoy portions of the park without any crowds.

We're going to be there again this weekend and while part of me thinks it would be fun to watch the parade, I'm also looking forward to experiencing the rest of the park in a way we couldn't if there wasn't a parade being taped.

Do the Guests get some kind of compensation for the day the parade is being filmed?

mouse_luv

Being in the parade filming is really not as much fun as it seems... You have to stand in the cold for HOURS! The school my mom teaches at has a thing where the kids get in free, but they have to be in the parade filming. But sometimes we do get to watch some of the performances!And if you sneak away while the parade is going on, the wait times are very short

This honestly wouldn't bother me. I mean, it's supposed to be predicted highs of 75 & 77 degrees respectively with lows at 58 degrees. I'd probably be wearing shorts. I'm from up north. Last night was what we consider cold it was 24 degrees. ;)

I would love to go to the taping one year. Just to say it was something I have done and it sounds like a lot of fun. :D

habuma

Not that I know of... Just the chance to be on TV, short wait times, and seeing famous singers and such! That seems like enough compensation to me :p

Right. Your compensation is either that you get a chance to see the Christmas Day Parade almost 3 weeks before everyone else in the country sees it...or you get to enjoy short lines in a seemingly-abandoned theme park. From my experience in 2008, it was a great day to be in the Magic Kingdom.

WDWBryan

Today's parade segments appeared to be stormtroopers, cheerleaders and Newsies

When I got there the musical performances they did were Colbie Caillat and Yolanda Adams.

When they wrapped they said tomorrow they would have Newsies again and Lady Antebellum

jaime_1234

Today's parade segments appeared to be stormtroopers, cheerleaders and Newsies

When I got there the musical performances they did were Colbie Caillat and Yolanda Adams.

When they wrapped they said tomorrow they would have Newsies again and Lady Antebellum

Any idea what time they will be taping tomorrow?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom