Christmas day parade taping dates

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday November 30 and Saturday December 1 2012 are the taping dates for this year's Christmas day parade.

Rose&Crowner

Does anyone know if there is or isn't a typical opening of the park with characters and a train on taping days? I forget what happened last year...

Lisalyn

November 30th is my last day in the parks (and it will be MK) before I fly home. I am hoping to get a glimpse of somebody famous or see a show. That would be cool!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
November 30th is my last day in the parks (and it will be MK) before I fly home. I am hoping to get a glimpse of somebody famous or see a show. That would be cool!!
You likely will not be allowed on MSUSA during the taping. That is generally limited to CMs and family (I think) in order to facilitate a better taping experience.

DrummerAlly

I was planning in going to the MK those days. Should I change our plans to Epcot instead? My primary concern is crowds and getting around since we'll have a baby in a stroller, but it would be neat to see the parade.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I was planning in going to the MK those days. Should I change our plans to Epcot instead? My primary concern is crowds and getting around since we'll have a baby in a stroller, but it would be neat to see the parade.
It's nothing like what ends up on TV. They do numerous takes, resets, etc. it by no means looks like a parade during taping. It's a production set.

They route guests back stage during the taping on MSUSA.

Lisalyn

You likely will not be allowed on MSUSA during the taping. That is generally limited to CMs and family (I think) in order to facilitate a better taping experience.

Well I have meal reservations onsite AND I'm a CM so hopefully they let me in! LOL So you can get in the park but can't get onto MSUSA? how does that work?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Iirc there is a ticket request on the hub. I feel like there used to be. Either way hub is your best bet for accurate info.

Dasnowz

there was a ticket thing on the hub Nov 2 but the link and anything pertaining to it seems to have disappeared. I have not seen anything else on there since. I have been looking for it if you find it.

Scottmck66

From what I remember they don't make any announcements about the performers but I could be wrong on that. Was there last year for both days. Friday was the performances by Scotty McReary, Cee Lo and Jennifer Hudson. Saturday was Justin Bieber and the Parade. We didn't have any special tickets but arrived at MK around 8:45 and walked almost right up to the stage. Action started just after 9am both days. Was about 15 people back from the stage but could have gotten closer if we wanted to. There were about a hundred or so CM's that had priority spots by the stage but there was nothing preventing anyone from joining them. In fact they were seeking out people in Disney Christmas themed hats and such to place up front. There were CM's practically begging people to come watch the performances. It's a lot of dead time and retakes and organized cheering etc. We were able to walk away and come back with no problems. You'll hear the same song done 3 or 4 times. Was able to meet and chat with Maria Menounos who is very friendly. Main St was very crowded for the "parade" which as mentioned earlier doesn't really feel like a parade at all with all he starts and stops for retakes. The Parade taping began around 11 i think. Until then you can walk Main St as usual. Once the Parade taping starts it lasts for most of the afternoon and you need to walk through the shops or the backstage area which they open up for walking through. On neither day was the rest of the park crowded. I'm not saying that its this easy every year but that was my experience last year and I would not let this stop anyone from going on these days as long as you don't mind the crowds on main st on Saturday. I would guess this year may be more crowded in general due to FLE.

prberk

I really, really, really wish that they would go back to doing the parade live, like they did up through about 1996. It was a much better show, and more kinetic. Today it just comes across on TV as an infomercial for WDW, DL, and DVC.

At that time, they even had performers in the parade who were currently doing the Candlelight Processional. I remember seeing Sandy Patti on the parade, and she was the CP narrator for Christmas night. There were taped cut-ins, but the whole parade itself was live. Kind of like the Macy's one. Should still be live today.

Sigh.

Cruiser237

I agree Disney might not announce who will be there in advance but I figured maybe one of you on here would get the usual "insider" tip and know who will be performing that day. Leaving for the World on Wednesday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom