Christmas Day Parade 2023

yensid67

Original Poster
I just finished watching the Christmas parade 2023, and I must say...I was A LITTLE IMPRESSED this year! They actually filmed the parade, instead of filming float segments on MSUSA! I thought it was a little CHEAP of Disney to bring up PAST performances of 'NSYMC and David Foster. But overall at least it was an actual parade being filmed! Now, to get back to a LIVE parade on Christmas Day would be the cherry on the sundae!

Cmdr_Crimson

Everything went down hill at the start of the 2005 televised parade..And ever since then...
  • Kell Ripa started the whole thing to then slowly destroyed it by horrible statuesque posing and being dead serious about the parade
  • Nothing was actual live footage anymore
  • performer's who many didn't even know of butcher Christmas songs even worse..
  • 20 mins of filler for a family who couldn't go to Disney Story only to get a trip to Disney at the end of it
  • No more looks at future park attractions
  • No more what is happening in the other parks during the holidays...Epcot, Studios and AK are dead to us...MK is where Christmas lives apparently.
And here we are now..And, it's been nothing but the Hough's houghing the holiday Hough huffing the Houghing huffy at Walt Houghing World's Very Merry Houghing Parade...

I have posted this before and I have to say that any WDWVMCP was WAY better than whatever was shown pre-2004..

Sans Souci

I didn't watch it, but I saw a commercial for it the other day. I was kind of surprised to see The Smashing Pumpkins on the line up of acts. In fact, I wasn't paying attention to the TV and looked up and I thought I saw their name on the screen, but I only caught a split second. I had to look up the line up, because I thought I was seeing things.

JIMINYCR

We always tune in and watch as we open Christmas presents. Weve made several trips in late November and early December and love the atmosphere during that time. We did watch them film a couple of segments one year. The parades entertainers and celebrity spots have gotten IMHO less entertaining. But it wouldnt be Christmas without it. Dis should get back to making the production more about the parks, the parade floats, the characters and the celebrations instead of the less than stellar performers poorly croaking out Christmas songs. And those trip give aways.... no I wont go there.

Cmdr_Crimson

The way it's presented makes you think this is the best thing in the world ..
3e37nd.jpg

iamgroot61

In the Parks
No
I was in the MK park the day they did filming for this year's 40th anniversary parade. We found a spot to watch the parade itself just across the bridge to Adventureland (so sort of at the left-rear of the castle). We could see the backs of several characters dancing in the Hub periodically. In years past, they have split the filming of the current parade between DL and MK, switching back and forth. This year when I watched the full production of it on D+ after the fact they did cut back and forth to someone at DL, but all of the footage of the current run of the parade was from MK. In 2009, my daughter (along with around 300 other kids from dance schools from Southern CA and bordering states) marched ahead of that year's holiday parade. ABC TV rehearsed the kids all day long on that cool November day. At the end of it all, the kids got to march that night in front of the parade itself. I confess that seeing my daughter in a parade at DL was one of the highlights of my life. They did a routine to Let it Snow. My daughter, age 9 at the time, wore an adorable little Frosty outfit with a black stovepipe hat and a red scarf. While she didn't make the final cut, ABC TV created custom DVDs for each child that featured them in the parade so we have the experience of that day and a lovely keepsake from it (as well as photos they provided isolating our kids individually). I enjoyed the 2023 production, including some of the archival footage of past parades and remembrances from former hosts, but I'll never forget our personal experience from 2009. =]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom