Votes: 10 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Never been there Christmas Day

Votes: 28 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surfsupdon

Never been on Christmas Day. But I would do it, in the evening. Not the morning or afternoon.

Christmas thru New Years Week is my ALL TIME favorite time to go. The energy, the fun, the extended hours, the feeling is pure Disney magic. It is an electric week. I realize it is not for everyone, but we do love it.

mergatroid

Never been on Christmas Day. But I would do it, in the evening. Not the morning or afternoon.

Christmas thru New Years Week is my ALL TIME favorite time to go. The energy, the fun, the extended hours, the feeling is pure Disney magic. It is an electric week. I realize it is not for everyone, but we do love it.

We enjoyed Christmas Eve at night in the MK about 12 years ago. Mind you we had AP's and went knowing it would be busy and that we were only going for a couple of hours. Got to the MK and straight onto the railroad to take us to Frontierland. Got off there and it was rammed, I believe Thunder and Splash were both around 90 minutes (if not considerably longer). Ended up going around TSI on the riverboat with virtually no wait. That was a wonderful experience, on the riverboat not too crowded, in the dark enjoying the sights with my wife holding my hand. A very 'Christmassy' feeling and also very romantic, it was also very relaxed with all the mayhem away from us onshore. After that a walk through the crowded park to get an ice cream before heading on home. A great couple of hours there but if you've paid for a whole day (we hadn't), then you probably would feel shortchanged following our lead.

KellyKittens

I’m going 12/25-1-1 with the expectations it is going to be chaotic but spending it with loved ones away from work/area I live in, will be worth it imo.

We actually have great FastPasses surprisingly.

MK: Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder and Seven Dwarfs

AK: FoP, Everest, Safari

Epcot: Frozen, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth

HS: SDD, Tower of Terror, RnR

So with those rides, I was shocked I got what I got. Considering the week we are attending. I went in with the expections we are gonna be FPing Small World.

Minnie1976

My husband and I have been 3 times on Christmas Day. Since we stayed on property, we were there at 7 a.m. for rope drop and left around 11 or 11:30 a.m. It was workable. The best was when it rained and not crowded , but until the rain stopped. Then it was time to leave.

cheezbat

I’m going 12/25-1-1 with the expectations it is going to be chaotic but spending it with loved ones away from work/area I live in, will be worth it imo.

We actually have great FastPasses surprisingly.

MK: Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder and Seven Dwarfs

AK: FoP, Everest, Safari

Epcot: Frozen, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth

HS: SDD, Tower of Terror, RnR

So with those rides, I was shocked I got what I got. Considering the week we are attending. I went in with the expections we are gonna be FPing Small World.
How did you get those fastpasses? That’s like fastpass gold!

Sonconato

This is Christmas eve. Never again. This is the Fastpass line for "Jingle" Cruise:

This is the regular line for Haunted Mansion:

Last edited:

freediverdude

I've been a few times on Christmas day. There is a special feeling about it, but yes you must go in with the right expectations. You will be able to use your fastpasses, and then everything else will have long long lines. The counter service restaurants will typically be about 45 minutes to get your food, and then finding a table is hard. The sidewalks have a lot more people, so you have to manuever around people and say "excuse me" a lot to get around. During the parades and fireworks, it's just a large mob of shoulder to shoulder people, so plan on not leaving to go to the restroom or food, and afterward plan on staying in place for a while until things clear out a bit. You just have to be extremely patient and willing to go with the flow on that day. Everything will take a lot longer, so enjoy the ambience and shows and not expect to be able to do as much of the rides.

Sonconato

Just got back from a night at Animal Kingdom on December 27, 2018. Arrived at Harambe Village around 5:00 pm to find this. Need I say more?

Kilimanjaro Start Line Looking at FOLK.jpg
Kilimanjaro Start Line.jpg
Looking Toward Kilimanjaro.jpg

Spent Christmas Day with my family in MK last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Six of us got there for rope drop at 6:00 AM and, once we got past an unexpected choke point on the bridge leading to Tomorrowland, we were able to do Space Ranger Spin, TTA, the racecars, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World and Splash Mountain with no waits more than 10 minutes. By that point the lines were starting to get long, the rest of the family had arrived, and we did our three FP attractions back-to-back, had a nice leisurely lunch (reserved in advance) then left the park around 2:00. By then the crowd was huge, but we knew this would be the case hence the reason we went in for rope drop. It’s always been a dream of mine to spend Christmas Day at the MK and I’m so glad we were able to this year. My wife (not a big Disney fan and with a definite low tolerance for crowds) has already said “never again” to Christmas at WDW, so I’m glad we did it this year and that my kids will have this memory for a lifetime.

World_Showcase_Lover007

It’s not worth it. Use holidays to go visit your family or friends that you don’t see very often.

This year, we went the week before Thanksgiving week. I was skeptical but all the crowd calendars, etc. said it was going to moderate crowds. Nope. Crazy packed. I felt like I was on Bourbon St during Mardi Gras. Couldn’t enjoy anything bc all I saw for five days was people. Couldn’t see walls, buildings, signs, theming, entrances or anything else. Just people.

And with the understanding that Christmas Day is exponentially busier that other peak times, there is no way I would enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom