Christmas at Magic Kingdom Question

Hi everyone!

I have been to WDW at On Dec. 26th but never on Christmas Day. This year we will be on our second day at The Magic Kingdom on the 25th. My question is about capacity.

We currently have reservations at Ohana at 11:45 for breakfast with Lilo and Stich. Yes, or no: would you recommend leaving the park to go to lunch at the Polynesian? Will I be able to get back in right after lunch (from your experience) or will I be out of luck until around 4? Is it worth it to try? I like the idea of leaving the park for lunch and escaping the crowds to rest but I don’t want to waste hours by having to mill around until people leave the park.

Thanks in advance!

William Farnsworth

Original Poster
Any other people have experience doing this on Christmas? I’ve been reading up on other sites and I’m getting really nervous I’m going to lose my whole day in the park if I leave. Should I be worried? We don’t have park hopper but we are staying at a WDW resort. Thanks!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Any other people have experience doing this on Christmas? I’ve been reading up on other sites and I’m getting really nervous I’m going to lose my whole day in the park if I leave. Should I be worried? We don’t have park hopper but we are staying at a WDW resort. Thanks!

I was at Epcot on Christmas Day last year, not MK. However last year, the only day there was a phased closure that we were aware of was on NYE. And that was only a phase 1, affecting day guests only, and parking at TTC. WDW guests were directed to park at Epcot but were allowed to return to MK via the monorail.

It was on social media, and in any case was obvious to anyone since the traffic was backed up right back before the welcome gate and gridlocked.

A full (phase 4) closure hasn't happened for something like 8 years; honestly I'm 99.9% certain you'll be fine. :)

Like you, I was really worried last year about Christmas Eve at MK. We were celebrating DS's 21st with dinner in the park, but we were flying in from the UK the day before so I was sure we would need a break. I was worrying about nothing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom