Christmas at Disney

Beauty and the

I know the Very Merry Xmas Party finishes before Xmas so what happens on 24th, 25th, 26th of December is there still snow on main street, hot chocolate and cookies etc. Is the Parade special on these days? At present I'm a little confused as I think the Christmas Celebrations finish before Christmas I must be wrong , please someone tell me I am:confused:

Chris

Since I have never been the week of Christmas, this is speculation but...here goes. Since the week of Christmas is one of the heaviest attendance time of the year, they do not need to do a lot of extra activities to draw people to the parks. MVMCP and the like are designed to draw crowds. I do not know for certain but I think they may only run the Christmas parade at MVMCP and maybe on Christmas day. There will still be plenty of decorations and lots of Christmas related activities so it should be a good time. Another reason that they do not run MVMCP that week is that the crowds are large and they don;t want to close the park early and drive out a lot of guests to let a few guests in. However, I think the Candlelight processional at EPCOT and the Osborne Christmas Lights at DS are still running through the end of the year. If they dont have "snow" at the MK try DS at night and they will have it!;)

Upvote 0

Chris

Don't be sad. Even without MVMCP there is still a wonderful feeling of Christmas all around. Every park and resort are decorated to the hilt and it is an incredible experience. No better place to spend Christmas. Hope you enjoy. We always go for Christmas but usually start at Thanskgiving and stay for a week or two after when the crowds are smaller. You get the same Christmas stuff and still have time to go home and decorate your own house for the holidays. We get new decorating ideas every year.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Original Poster
We were thinking of going around 22nd and staying in the Poly for two weeks not until 2004! I'll be fourty then and always wanted to do Disney at Christmas, but feel I will miss out big time if we miss MVMCP, we can't go earlier as we didn't want to take the kids out of school.

Upvote 0

Invero

Don't quote me on this... if I rememeber correctly, Christmas Day (and possibly the days surrounding it), the MK will have the special Christmas Parade... I do know that December 25 is our very busiest day of the year, and that the Magic Kingdom reaches capacity quite early in the morning... so if you do want to venture, you should plan to get there VERY early.

Upvote 0

Lance

I've been to WDW 3 times during Christmas. In 95, 98, and 2000. In 1995, they actually held the live parade on the 25th, because we walked right by Regis in the announcing booth. In 98, they did have a parade on Chistmas Day, but it wasn't live. I believe they tape the Christmas parade early in December for television.

Their are way too many people in the MK on Christmas day, it is a zoo. The MK fills up to capacity rather quickly. If you don't like crowds, you won't like Christmas Day in the MK.

This past Christmas, we went to the MK on the 20th, it was great, not crowded at all. Then we went to the MK on the 27th and it was packed. I think around the 22nd, everyone starts arriving, so the parks are packed from the 22nd to the 1st.

I like going to the MK on New Year's Eve much better.

Upvote 0

Maria

My favorite is Epcot. Candlelight Processional is an awesome show, the Storytellers in WSC, the Xmas tree lighting, everything! As someone said before, MK is packed on the 25th.

I am not sure about the Xmas parade...I think it is taped the month before, just as the Xmas specials... I was at an N´Sync Xmas special at Epcot taped in October!

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
They often run the XMas parade twice on christmas day. Once is live on tv and the other is just for fun. I suggest going to the latter, although most want to go to the morning parade. The parade floats will actually stop, along with all music during commercial breaks, stories, reports, etc. There is entertainment during these breaks, but the parade does get quite long.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom