Christmas 2021 Anyone?

yensid1967

Hey Friends! I am looking for anyone that went to WDW during the first 2 weeks of December 2021!

How were the crowds?
How were the wait times?
Did you use GENIE+?

ANY information that you can give would be appreciated!

KTK

We went last year 12/10/21 - 12/19/21 (not exactly the dates you were looking at but some overlap). My wife, 3 teens, and myself. We used Genie+ at MK and HS, it wasn't needed at EP or AK. We got at least 4 rides with Genie+ each day we used it. MK is easier to get more since there are more choices. Didn't use lightning lane at all. We have been going every Dec for the past 4-5 years. Crowds are manageable but you have to get in the parks early. Disney decorated for Christmas is beautiful and the weather is much more tolerable than the hot summer.

Upvote 0

Penny’s Dad

We went Dec 6 through 10th of 2021. The crowds were higher than any of our prior December trips but it could have been because of the 50th Celebration Or because of not being able to go the prior two years. We did Genie+ at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. At Hollywood Studios we paid for Mickey’s Railway. We we’re deluxe resorts so did late nights at Magic Kingdom and rode Seven Dwarfs at no cost and at Epcot we Rode Remy and Sorin’ also at no cost. We did Flight of passage with a hour and a half wait. Frozen Was also an hour and a half wait so we should had paid the extra cost to ride that one. There were very large crowds at Magic Kingdom fireworks so you should claim your spot early for watching that.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We weren't there at the beginning of December, but were there during Christmas week. Crowds were high (as always), but we did not end up using Genie Plus at any point and still managed to do just about everything we wanted to do. Here's my Trip Report: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/another-brifraz-live-christmas-tr.975935/

We are always early morning people and even in the busiest weeks of the year, it always treats us well. And is much cheaper than Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane.

Upvote 0

curry767

We are going in the first half of December this year, but I’m not sure last years numbers will hold true this year. Still a lot of COVID influence last year plus a lot of overseas travellers from the Southern Hemisphere could not travel (their holidays start earlier in December).

I’m expecting it to be busy but willing to put up with that for the Christmas vibe

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
We are going in the first half of December this year, but I’m not sure last years numbers will hold true this year. Still a lot of COVID influence last year plus a lot of overseas travellers from the Southern Hemisphere could not travel (their holidays start earlier in December).

I’m expecting it to be busy but willing to put up with that for the Christmas vibe
Keep me posted! It would be interesting to see how things are NOW compared to when those first 2 weeks were slow and manageable!
According to the undercovertourist.com crowd calendar for 2022, the crowds are to be LOW to AVERAGE Dec 1-16! So it will be interesting how true that is if you report back! PM me and let me know! Thanks Curry767;)

Upvote 0

Rainey

Hey Friends! I am looking for anyone that went to WDW during the first 2 weeks of December 2021!

How were the crowds?
How were the wait times?
Did you use GENIE+?

ANY information that you can give would be appreciated!
we were there November 30 2021 to December 8 2021. I always wanted to see Disney at Christmas. First off the weather was perfect!! Not one day of rain. The crowds were heavy to me with average wait times. We did not use Genie+ I did not want to waste money on something so new. Even without using Genie+ we got on everything we wanted to see including swrr and Remy.

Upvote 0

LittleMerman

I'm going Dec 17-24 this year so I'm finding this thread to be very interesting. I'm expecting really high crowds for the holidays. My family is going to be utilizing the DAS service so I'm not too worried about Genie+. We are going more for the holiday atmosphere this time anyway and will probably take our time and enjoy the scenery and seasonal offerings. But I am a little worried that the parks will be so overly crowded it'll be annoying and uncomfortable. But I've been to WDW plenty of times where that's been the case and I still have a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
I'm going Dec 17-24 this year so I'm finding this thread to be very interesting. I'm expecting really high crowds for the holidays. My family is going to be utilizing the DAS service so I'm not too worried about Genie+. We are going more for the holiday atmosphere this time anyway and will probably take our time and enjoy the scenery and seasonal offerings. But I am a little worried that the parks will be so overly crowded it'll be annoying and uncomfortable. But I've been to WDW plenty of times where that's been the case and I still have a lot of fun.
The week of Christmas is always high crowds...so just be prepared! I have read too that if using DAS then Genie+ is not needed and a waste of money! I find it interesting that the parks are crowded, but Disney 'CLAIMS' that it is not a full capacity, BUT Disney won't release their attendance #'s! Something is not right about that! I think they ARE AT CAPACITY, but not saying so that when things pick up either #1 Guests will be use to the heavy crowds of #2 they will try to shove more guests inside the berm!

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We always go after Thanksgiving and before the primary schools let out for Christmas break. So we were there from November 28th until the 9th in 2021. Still had masks on indoors but not outside. Last year was better than 2020, but still pretty bleak with the low staffing levels (fewer resort decorations, shows, and dining/food availability). We only used Genie+ at Magic Kingdom as the ride density is the only place that its really effective based on the crowd level. Zero ILL's. Travel bans were lifted on November 8th so there were international visitors... more European than Latin Americas, unusual for that time of year.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
We always go after Thanksgiving and before the primary schools let out for Christmas break. So we were there from November 28th until the 9th in 2021. Still had masks on indoors but not outside. Last year was better than 2020, but still pretty bleak with the low staffing levels (fewer resort decorations, shows, and dining/food availability). We only used Genie+ at Magic Kingdom as the ride density is the only place that its really effective based on the crowd level. Zero ILL's. Travel bans were lifted on November 8th so there were international visitors... more European than Latin Americas, unusual for that time of year.
Thanks! II never thought about just using the Genie+ at MK! We are going to Animal Kingdom as well, wonder if it would pay to use Genie+ there?

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks! II never thought about just using the Genie+ at MK! We are going to Animal Kingdom as well, wonder if it would pay to use Genie+ there?

Just count the attractions its eligible for (max 1 + ride per attraction) 4 rides, 4 shows is it worth 15 dollars a head ?
  1. Celebration of Festival of the Lion King*
  2. DINOSAUR
  3. Feathered Friends in Flight*
  4. It’s Tough to be a Bug
  5. Kali River Rapids
  6. Kilimanjaro Safaris
  7. Na’vi River Journey
  8. The Animation Experience*
For us no. We do FOP first thing (early entry), get a snack, do some rides, eat lunch at Yak do the rest of the attractions we want, and hop at 2PM.

Upvote 0

curry767

Travel bans were lifted on November 8th so there were international visitors... more European than Latin Americas, unusual for that time of year.
A lot of countries still restricted their citizens travel across November and December, so even though the USA had opened it’s borders it would have been reduced numbers arriving. I fully expect December 2022 to be very different to December 2021. I think we will see far more Latin and South Americans as an example.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom