Christmas 2014

kimrn87

My husband would like to visit WDW during the Christmas season. How early does this begin? November? We are also interested in Mickeys Christmas party and the Candle light procession. We are especially looking for the not so busy time. Thanks.

bigorangeandy

The Candle Light Processional starts right after Thanksgiving, and at that point almost all the decorations are in place. The storytellers in EPCOT start after Thanksgiving also along with the special IllumiNations holiday ending. MVMCP starts in early November on select nights and continues until a few days before Christmas. The week prior to Thanksgiving is after the Food and Wine Festival ends, but does not have all the Christmas activities going, right after Thanksgiving will have low crowds compared to closer to Christmas, with the weekends having larger crowds also. Have a good time, it is one of my favorite times due to the festivities and lower temperatures and humidity.

Upvote 0

luv

They begin decorating for Christmas right after the last Halloween party. It takes a while to get all the stuff up. The Christmas party starts about a week into November and the Candlelight Processional begins at the end of November or beginning of December. The first Candlelight Processional this year was November 29th. :)

If you go the first week or two of December, the crowds shouldn't be too bad and everything will be Christmassy. :)

Upvote 0

MorganKelly

We have visited the week immediately after the Food & Wine Festival ends and the holiday decorations are in place -- or work has begun --- in many places. One evening we were strolling OKW enjoying the Halloween decorations and the next morning some Christmas decorations were already in place. We particularly enjoy that week for the low to moderate crowds. We haven't always lucked out with weather, but that's never guaranteed! :) MVMCP is normally in swing too as well as the Osborne Lights. The Gingerbread House is "open" as well at the GF. The first few weeks of December are great too.

Upvote 0

kimrn87

Original Poster
Thank you for the posts it looks like we will probably have to go the week of Novemer 9 (unavoidable due to work) but I am hoping the decorations may be up in the resorts? How is the Mickeys Christmas party? Is it worth going to? I loved the Halloween party.

Upvote 0

luv

Thank you for the posts it looks like we will probably have to go the week of Novemer 9 (unavoidable due to work) but I am hoping the decorations may be up in the resorts? How is the Mickeys Christmas party? Is it worth going to? I loved the Halloween party.
I think that if you want to try MVMCP, you really should do that!! Everyone should do everything and make up their own minds.

I think MNSSHP is the much better party, though. FWIW.

Upvote 0

IanS

My husband would like to visit WDW during the Christmas season. How early does this begin? November? We are also interested in Mickeys Christmas party and the Candle light procession. We are especially looking for the not so busy time. Thanks.
Hi
we always go to Disney World end of November, in fact we are booked to go this November 2014 :) First ime visit for our son who will be 1 year old :)
Crowds are light, pick up at weekends.
It is full on Christmas, we always see the Candlelight and MMCP as a mater of course - really not to be missed.

Disney is magical and it is especially magical at christmas

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom