Christimas at WDW

CiNdErELLiE930

Original Poster
My mom and I are trying to figure out if we want to go to Disney for christmas. We already went for New Years and had an awsome time. What kind of things do they do on christmas/christmas eve, or just around that time?

Kwit35

Though we have never been there on christmas or christmas eve, we do go, every year, the day after christmas. Everything is beautiful. The whole place sparkles just a little more then usual. The decorations are wonderful. However, if you have been there for New Years, you have seen the x-mas decorations. I have heard that if you stay for xmas eve, they have special activities. But not sure what they are.

MsSnuzi

We are planning on being there start the 26th of December for about 10 days. What special celebrations do they have for New Year's Eve?

Pirate Pixie

Absolutely go! We went 2 years ago for x-mas and loved it . We are going again this year from Dec.23 - Jan.2. The decorations are great and each park has a huge tree decorated in a theme to match the park. They play holiday music everywhere. The Osborne Light show at MGM is amazing, at MK they have the Very Merry Christmas show and a holiday parade. The WS at EPCOT has Christmas around the world with each country's holiday traditions, a tree lighting ceremony and you can't miss the Candlelight Processional. One very special surprise while we were at the Caribbean Beach was the sound of jingle bells during the night on x-mas eve, when we went out in the morning ther were gift bags for our two kids with a small wrapped gift in each. It was fun to walk through the buildings at the resort at night because so many guests decorated their room windows with lights and wreaths on their doors. It really was a special trip for us and hope this year will be the same. :xmas:

Pirate Pixie

Kwit35 said:
Just curious, what did the kids get?

Hi
It was a few pieces of candy and a small stuffed Disney character. Not a big deal but a big surprise and we loved the extra touches the resort made during our stay.

Kwit35

Pirate Pixie said:
Hi
It was a few pieces of candy and a small stuffed Disney character. Not a big deal but a big surprise and we loved the extra touches the resort made during our stay.
How fun! I love little surprises like that.

Al

I went at Christmas '98, and loved it. All the decorations are fantastic, and I think that it made it that extra bit special. One thing that I do remember is the AK tree, not sure why that sticks in my mind but I remember it being very big, we visited there on Christmas day. Staying on property, outside our room was a a bag with all disney christmas sweets in, which was a really nice touch. Go for it! :wave:

kellydisney

We went last year for xmas day and it was alot of fun but very very crowded, the most crowded I've ever seen Disney! Which doesn't really matter too much to us because we don't always have to be on a ride. On Christmas Day they left us a goodie package at our resort (Pop Century) with all kinds of yummy candy and souveniers, that was cool! And we also got to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I think you should try it once.

NeverEnufDisney

We went last Xmas and one of the things we missed was Mickey's Very Merry Xmas which ends about a week before Xmas. Be sure to check the dates. In edition Epcot has Xmas around the world where you can experience how Xmas is celebrated in the various countries. We certainly enjoyed our time even with Mickey's Xmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom