Choices - Want to try something new

cj2me

:lol:

Booked our trip for March 4 - 8. We are going to try to go to restaurants we have never been before. I want to try whispering canyon, it seems like fun and we will be traveling with children ages 10 months thru 8 years old. Is this a loud restaurant? We also want to try a different character breakfast, we are trying to decide between Chef Mickey and The Crystal Palace. What do you all suggest?:veryconfu

May 1995 > All Star Sports-Football
June 1996 > All Star Music-Rock
May 1998 > All Star Sports-Baseball
June 1999 > Caribbean Beach - Aruba
Oct 2000 > PO French Quarter
Oct 2001 > Animal Kingdom Lodge
March 2002 > PO Riverside - Magnolia Bend
June 2002 > All Star Movies - Mighty Ducks
MARCH 2004 > PO RIVERSIDE - CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigsmom

The Whispering Canyon is very loud and fun. If your little one is sensitive to loud noises you may want to skip it. Your older one will fit right in...pony express races, the clean plate club and lots of good clean fun. We never miss it.

We usually do Chef Mickey's and we enjoy it and I understand the Crystal Palace is great. Don't think you would be disappointed with either. :wave:

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
Crystal Palace,

First off, the place is beautiful. The food was great, and the character's (Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger) were very friendly, and good at staying the right amount of time at each table.

Winnie the Pooh stayed off by himself, and whenever the kids want to see him they just excuse themselves from the table, go get in a short line, etc...

I'm going to have to look into this Whispering Canyon. My boys are 13, 4, 3...and boy are they loud (must get it from their Mom, lol).

Upvote 0

Ijones88

:wave: I also like the Crystal Palace...wonderful place!! Did you also think about eating in Cinderella's castle(great for the kids) or in the Liberty Tree tavern?? They both have character dining also and the food's very good in both!

Upvote 0

hadesrules

Haven't been to Chef Mickey yet (23 days until I do), but I think that Crystal Palace in a wonderful place to eat. Very good food and great setting.

Upvote 0

cj2me

Original Poster
I think we will try Whispering Canyon, I was watching it on the travel channel and think all the kids will love it. Especially my 3 yr old nephew who can't sit still. As far as breakfast, I really want to try Chef Mickey but it just may be easier to go to the Crystal Palace with all the kids.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Originally posted by cj2me
:lol:

Booked our trip for March 4 - 8. We are going to try to go to restaurants we have never been before. I want to try whispering canyon, it seems like fun and we will be traveling with children ages 10 months thru 8 years old. Is this a loud restaurant? We also want to try a different character breakfast, we are trying to decide between Chef Mickey and The Crystal Palace. What do you all suggest?:veryconfu

I have not done the character breakfast at either, but we have eaten at Chef Mickey's when it was in Downtown Disney and it was nice. But the Crystal Palace is beautiful. We use to eat there all the time before it started doing the character meals. My daughter will be taking her first trip to WDW next year so we plan on taking her there.

Upvote 0

doctor tigger

Just to jump in----
One of the benefits of doing the Crystal Palace, especially for breakfast, is that you can sometimes get into WDW before it "officially" opens. We were able to do this last summer, and we were practically the only people on Main Street. This also meant that we were able to go from breakfast onto the attractions with no lost travel time.
Hope that you have a great time whatever you decide to do!

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

There's plenty of good food and fun at Whispering Canyon!
Try the "All-you-can-drink" Milkshakes! MMMmmmmmm! :slurp:

The character breakfast choice could also come down to which characters your kids like best! Chef Mickey's has Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Chip and Dale. Crystal Palace has the "Pooh Gang".

We really like both, but prefer the characters at Chef Mickey's more.

HAVE FUN!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

sigsegv

We did Whispering Canyon a few years ago with some friends and my in-laws. We didn't know what to expect and boy were we surprised! I don't really care for all the craziness during dinner when it's just adults, but I cannot wait to take my daugher there when she's older. (She just turned 1.) Maybe when we go next November and she's 2...

The first full day we're at WDW, we always do breakfast at Crystal Palace. The time before last, we learned about making ressies for before MK opening time so that we can have a nice calm walk down Main Street and take some pics with the street fairly empty. Quite nice. We were eager to show this to my in-laws when we went with them in January, but it turns out that our ressies were on the same day as the WDW Marathon, so Main Street was lined with well-wishers and runners... No calm walk last time. Hopefully, it'll be more of the latter than the former when we go next month.

-sig

Upvote 0

diegorivera2

The Crystal Palace is always a nice way to start your day and the added attraction of obtaining an early morning seating will provide you with an excellent morning stroll through the Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I agree - the Crystal Palace has the edge for us over Chef Mickey's, just because it's actuallly IN the Magic Kingdom. We found that our kids were in too much of a hurry to get to the park itself to enjoy a leisurely (and expensive, let's face it!) breakfast outside the park. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom