Choice of restaurants

christine7257

The Fantasmic package includes an entree and either appetizer OR dessert ... not all three courses. But, yes, if you wanted to purchase an alcoholic beverage or additional food, you can do that and be billed separately. Generally, for packages you're able to select anything on the menu but being a signature dining location it's possible there could be some exclusions. Another thing to remember with the package is that there's a different cancellation policy -- believe it is 48 hours. I'm not sure what you mean about a guest. If you've purchased two packages ($77 each for 2 adults at Brown Derby), you'll receive two vouchers for seating. Have fun!

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Thanks so much in the meantime. So I purchased a package but selected two guests, as I did for all the other restaurant reservations. If I look in my plans in the MDE application it says in each lunch reservation for two guests

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Thank you so much. I always have the usual doubt, I've made more or less all the bookings I wanted although I may make some changes. The doubt is whether I should make a reservation for the park but it seems to me that there is no longer any need. Since I have a hotel package plus tickets it is no longer necessary if I don't make a mistake booking each park for each day but I can freely choose which park to go to etc even with park hopper...

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We've been at all of the choices you listed as well.

It's been a while since we've done Skipper Canteen, but from what I remember, it was fine. In my opinion there are not any "spectacular" places to eat inside MK, but that's a good place. We personally think Be Our Guest is a bit overpriced, but it too is ok.

OK, my biggest disappointment at a Disney restaurant has to be Space 220. I spent two years trying to get a reservation and finally got it on our last trip. I wish I didn't. This is probably our most disliked food spot in Disney. I think its way expensive for what you get, and the food we had was way under Disney's signature restaurant quality. The novelly of the screens and the theming wore off pretty quickly for us. I thought maybe we just had a bad day there as we had a large table with next to us with unsupervised children running around bugging other people at their tables. But I read a few other reviews and they had a similar experience as we did. I don't think we'll ever need to do that restaurant again.

Yak & Yeti is excellent. We've never had anything there that we didn't love. As an alternative, Tiffin's is always an option too. We tried Via Napoli for the first-time last year and loved it. Excellent food and the service was perfect. And we do Brown Derby all the time. Good food, good service, and the restaurant is pretty cool. Did the Fantasmic Dinner too last fall, but our early show got rained out and we didn't want to come back for the second show. We were soaked and just wanted to return to the resort.

As some other places to try, we love Topolinos Terrace, Steakhouse 71, Toledo, Jiko, and Narcoosee's. They are all at resorts, so not as convenient as being in a park, but I think most of the best restaurants are at the resorts and not in the parks.

Have fun no matter what, and enjoy the food!

Dad 2 M & M

Of note…

The Bucket list places you have to try:

Space 220
- Food is good but not exceptional
- it’s easy to say as we’ve been twice, but it isn’t worth it (I say that and we did go back to the Lounge to save $$)
- our 2nd attempt was the Lou and it is the way to go as it is more flexible as far as ability to order and come out a bit more reasonable with respect to price

Be Our Guest
- the prefix menu was what did us in as it’s just not worth that kind of $$$$
- Atmosphere overcomes overpriced food

Dad 2 M & M

When in Hollywood Studios, for a real American experience, Sci Fi Diner is fun if you can get it. Just totally unique. Some like Prime Time Cafe too(again very American).
I liked San Angel Inn much more than the German Buffet. Another Unique place is the Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot. The food is pretty ok but the giant aquarium windows are certainly something you won't find everywhere.
San Angel and SciFi are the two most unique places in Disney. SciFi’s food is decent enough and price is close enough to get us to consider going back.

San Angel…what is it as far as on the Menu you like? The atmosphere is unreal, but we weren’t moved by the food….what is it you hold in high regard? Curious as we’d consider going back with pointers from anyone….

Club Cooloholic

San Angel and SciFi are the two most unique places in Disney. SciFi’s food is decent enough and price is close enough to get us to consider going back.

San Angel…what is it as far as on the Menu you like? The atmosphere is unreal, but we weren’t moved by the food….what is it you hold in high regard? Curious as we’d consider going back with pointers from anyone….
High regard in terms of food at WDW for me is in total relationship to what the other offerings are at the parks. I am not one of those what think Disney World offers amazing meals. Yes there are a few restaurants that have great food, but few are in the parks, due to that I want what I can't get at a restaurant at home which is themed like at San Angel Inn. Now I must say we have always lucked out with a great table there but some tables are far too close. Is the food amazing? It's solid but expensive for what it is. I think I have always enjoyed Ropa vieja, if it's still on the menu

Dad 2 M & M

High regard in terms of food at WDW for me is in total relationship to what the other offerings are at the parks. I am not one of those what think Disney World offers amazing meals. Yes there are a few restaurants that have great food, but few are in the parks, due to that I want what I can't get at a restaurant at home which is themed like at San Angel Inn. Now I must say we have always lucked out with a great table there but some tables are far too close. Is the food amazing? It's solid but expensive for what it is. I think I have always enjoyed Ropa vieja, if it's still on the menu
Been a minute; hope all is well with you and your peeps….

San Angel is such a great atmosphere the food only has to be decent to be on the dining rotation. We haven’t been since the mid 2010s but recall the mole sauce dish left a little to be desired…..back when we used the DDP (haven’t used it in years) we had a rotation of the following:

Main
LeCellier
Tony’s (we were serenaded on our 25th Anniversary and place was in our heart)
Yak and Yeti

Alternate/Adds
Marrakesh
SciFi
Tutto

Would Consider
San Angel
BoG
Ohana
Jiko

We are now down to LeCellier only and consider only 1 add per trip with many trips LeCellier and QS’ only….
We’re close to locking Steakhouse 71, but has considered hitting a few of our old standby before making 71 “permanent”

Might give San Angel another shot….

Ghostdog

If you’re willing to go to different resorts for a meal I highly suggest the following:

Polynesian - Kona Grill
Caribbean Beach - Sebastian’s Grill
Grand Floridian - Narcosee’s
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sanaa

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom