Chiquita no longer sponsoring Living with the Land?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The theatre that housed Food Rocks no longer exists. The queue for Soarin’ cuts right through where it used to be.

Awesome Planet is in the Harvest Theatre up on the 2nd level.
Soarin used the seating area and the preshow area. The stage was still there after Soarin opened.

6450BD20-D914-43B2-BB2C-179CB9B5F302.png

from

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
To me, The Land is the best pavilion in EPCOT.

It’s got three attractions (Sorin being one of the best attractions in EPCOT) , it’s got one of the most unique sit down dining there is, the counter service food court is great! It has guest accessible beverages for free refills and has a back stage walking tour of the green house.

Ironically, the only thing it does not have is a formal gift shop.
I agree.

peter11435

That is the ride sign. This is the Pavilion one.

View attachment 543515
Both of your images are pavilion signs. Neither had Chiquita signage. The pavilion was not sponsored by Chiquita only the Living with the Land attraction itself. The Living with the land sign still has its Chiquita graphic for now but other references to the brand have been removed throughout the attraction.

DreamfinderGuy

Didn’t they leave Food Rocks to rot? Seems as good a place as any for a gift shop.
For a while they did. When Soarin' was redone they finally used the stage space for the women's restroom.
That theater now has a show called Awesome Planet. I think it’s closed due to COVID, but it’s there..
Awesome Planet is open, and is in a fully separate area than Food Rocks was.
Soarin used the seating area and the preshow area. The stage was still there after Soarin opened.

View attachment 543352
from

Fun fact, in the FP+ line for Soarin' you can look over the edge of the railing in that very first room and see some imprints of the seating left behind on the floor. It's difficult to notice and it's not much to see, but it is there.

CastAStone

Premium Member
When Soarin' was redone they finally used the stage space for the women's restroom.
Didn’t realize that but yay for actually doing something with empty space.

And also yay for more bathrooms at Epcot, they’ve really focused on that the last several years and it was badly needed. One thing in the Epcot updates that seems to be universally liked.

Bender123

Didn’t realize that but yay for actually doing something with empty space.

And also yay for more bathrooms at Epcot, they’ve really focused on that the last several years and it was badly needed. One thing in the Epcot updates that seems to be universally liked.

And the bulldozed the best restrooms in the whole place with Innoventions West...Right by the free Coke products...They looked straight out of the 80s and were almost always vacant.

CastAStone

Premium Member
And the bulldozed the best restrooms in the whole place with Innoventions West...Right by the free Coke products...They looked straight out of the 80s and were almost always vacant.
Hmmm...Moana...Journey of “water”...what IS the plan?

CF693B72-2C5B-434D-A96A-F6E730410146.gif

whiterhino42

That actually would make sense. I had heard rumors that the first several scenes were due to get a decent update/refresh - and then it didn't materialize. If there was a sponsor renewal or change pending, that would answer the question. While I know it may not be everyone's favorite, LwtL actually has pretty high guest sat and - without the live narrators (pro or con) - some of the highest per hour capacity in WDW. It could definitely use a refresh on the show scenes. They've actually done a great job on keeping the greenhouses fresh (pun only slightly intended).
I love living with the land. I really wish it was getting fixed up. A lot of things are broken. It's such a unique ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom