Chip's Hot Line

Yenfid

Original Poster
This morning I got up and got the paper as usual. When I got the Travel section I noticed there was an article on Disney infact there was three of them. A reporter went down to Dsiney in Mid November with her two little pricesses to vist the Disney Pricesses. Two of the articles talked about the Disney Pricesses. There trip and the Pricesses and one on where to find or meals or events with the Princesses.

Anyway I digress. In the first article on there trip the reporter stated they could not find Ariel anywhere. So she went to a Cast Member, she called them a Disney Employee, and asked. The CM told them they should call Chip's Hot Line.

Chip's Hot Line is a phone service that tells what characters are where and when for every park. I thought you just went to Guest Relations in the park your in and asked this info. When did Chip's Hot Line go into effect and what is the number. The reporter did not state this. She said the CM called the Hot Line and gave here the phone or the info, not quit clear on which.

Anyway she found out Ariel was at Toontown Fair since the Grotto was closed. She also asked when did Mary Poppins become a Princesses. She was at every Princesses event she went too.

By the way her third article was on Stitch, which opened when she was there. She claimed it was not for kids. Her kids ar 4 and 6. And it is a bad ride with no real story and being violated by a rude Character.

One other thing, is Chip's Hot Line character based on Chip from Chip and Dale or Chip the Cup from Beauty and the Beast?

Irrawaddy Erik

The C.H.I.P. line is a CAST only number. This a tool for cast members. A guest cannot get the number or use it. The problem is that with the information getting public is that everyone starts asking about it and it clogs up the line. Usually if you ask a Cast Member to locate a character this is the line they will use.

se8472

Irrawaddy Erik said:
The C.H.I.P. line is a CAST only number. This a tool for cast members. A guest cannot get the number or use it. The problem is that with the information getting public is that everyone starts asking about it and it clogs up the line. Usually if you ask a Cast Member to locate a character this is the line they will use.

I am with stupid on this one :D

tigger248

I'm a little surprised that the cm even explained the C.H.I.P. hotline to the guest. I never used to explain about the hotline. I always just called it and found out where the guest's favorite character was.

Pixie Duster

STUPID MEDIA! Then again the more people that find out, the more people we are able to help. And the knowledge of this line does not ruin the magic, it's knowing the actual phone number that would.

wdwjmp239

TravisMT81 said:
grrr I hate how this site can ruin the magic.

I don't think this site ruins the magic. I mean, it's not like I'm going to approach a kid having a good time in the park visiting his favorite characters by saying, "You know there's a person in that costume." If anything, this site enhances what we already know about Disney. I find the information on this site very entertaining. :)

Irrawaddy Erik

tigger248 said:
I'm a little surprised that the cm even explained the C.H.I.P. hotline to the guest. I never used to explain about the hotline. I always just called it and found out where the guest's favorite character was.
Ditto...and usually it's for the same few characters every day so you end up having to rarely call

se8472

The problem I start to have with it, is that I might be in the middle of something and a guest comes up to me and ask me dial the number. Just because I have a phone next to me.

Atta83

Ya know as one person I know had put it, wouldnt you not knowing where a character is put more excitement into it??? I mean yeah if you been searching your whole trip and its your last day yea call, but not if its your first. The hunt is all about the fun...:) I know when I saw Jim Hawkins out last year I was suprised :), or even Rabbit at that matter...

Computer Magic

Atta83 said:
Ya know as one person I know had put it, wouldnt you not knowing where a character is put more excitement into it??? I mean yeah if you been searching your whole trip and its your last day yea call, but not if its your first. The hunt is all about the fun...:) I know when I saw Jim Hawkins out last year I was suprised :), or even Rabbit at that matter...
I agree with you, for myself running into the character by accident is more fun. it's not planned and everything seems so planned today.

However, if I had kids, I probably would want to know. I would want to find my favorite kids character. Of course to the kids, it would be an unplanned surprise.

tigger248

Computer Magic said:
I would want to find my favorite kids character.

You have a favorite kid too? :lol: I swear that my parents always favored my brother. :lookaroun Maybe it's more common than I ever thought. :drevil:

Just kidding.

I like the randomness of just walking up to the characters and "accidentally" finding them. Though, I agree that I'd probably want to know if I had kids. I'd want to know where their favorite character was to make them happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom