Child's Spending...

Pioneer Hall

I guess it really depends on how old the child is. If the child is young you are truly in control. If the child is older say 9+ then they might save up money. You could place a limit, but here is my suggestion...

Let them save up and bring their own money. By allowing them to spend more of their own money and less of Mom and Dads they will learn a very valuable lesson for the future. If you do this, watch how much they spend. They might not be as quick to buy things when it is their own money. It seems that it is a little harder for them to part with when it is their own and not yours.

I know the idea may sound a little far fetched, but you might want to give it a try. It could really teach the child something they will need to know some day, how to spend money wisely.

RobFL

Account Suspended
As a kid...

I always got one big thing. A "life size" Figment for example, or the Shamu, Mamu, Meemu and Momumamamau set from Sea World.

I was a big fan of plush animals :)

But, I always got those toward the end of the trip. Gift shops were something to be explored on the way out of a park.

Everyone got their one "big thing" and that was the end of it. Otherwise, you got food, drink, and maybe a balloon or trinket here or there, but nothing else went over 5 dollars, or 10 max if you could convince mother it was just tooo cute to be left behind.

Figgy, however, cost about $50-60 if i remember correctly.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom