Childrens dining plan upgrade

PrincessASquare

Original Poster
I have a friend who just returned from WDW. They were on the standard dining plan. Their daughter (7 years old) was not a big fan of the standard fare available on the kids dining plan. ie. nuggets, PB&J, mini pizzas, etc. They plan on going back to Disney later this year and they would like to do the dining plan again. Is it possible for them to have their daughter use the adult dining plan if they are willing to pay for it?
Thanks.

Rob562

Yoda,

This is the first I've ever heard of being able to do that. So there's a way for a Child to pay for the Adult Dining Plan but still be listed on the reservation as a Child? (i.e. they'd still get the Child pricing on the park tickets)

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yoda,

This is the first I've ever heard of being able to do that. So there's a way for a Child to pay for the Adult Dining Plan but still be listed on the reservation as a Child? (i.e. they'd still get the Child pricing on the park tickets)

-Rob
According to every bit of information I have a child can get an adult dining plan. All you have to do is pay for it. As far as I know it will not effect the tickets at all.

pharmgirl69

Yes, this is true. You can pay extra for your child to be upgraded to the adult menus. We have a trip booked for May and had to do this since our DD7 has very grown up taste buds and no way would settle for chicken fingers and fries. We obviously paid extra, unfortunately, we had to pay extra with the park tickets too, since we booked a package. Disney has no problem upgrading anything I dont think if you are willing to hand them over the cash. LOL

mousefan1972

Yes, this is true. You can pay extra for your child to be upgraded to the adult menus. We have a trip booked for May and had to do this since our DD7 has very grown up taste buds and no way would settle for chicken fingers and fries. We obviously paid extra, unfortunately, we had to pay extra with the park tickets too, since we booked a package. Disney has no problem upgrading anything I dont think if you are willing to hand them over the cash. LOL

Ok, so that ^^ contradicts that (below). I always thougt that upgrading a child under age 10 to the adult DDP meant that you also had to purchase an adult park ticket, b/c now the system thinks they are 10 +. Richard, can you check on the TA site? My 6 year old already has an adult appetite, so we may be needing to do this shortly.

According to every bit of information I have a child can get an adult dining plan. All you have to do is pay for it. As far as I know it will not effect the tickets at all.

pharmgirl69

Just double checked our reservations and Yep, we paid extra for the park tickets as well when we upgraded DD7. So if this is false I would like to know as well so I can be refunded. lol

JPVonDrake

To clarify and confirm...

All Walt Disney World Magic Your Way Packages may only be priced and sold based on the actual age of the each Guest upon arrival, and each and all of the components of that package (park tickets, dine plans, airfare, etc.) can only be sold at the appropriate prices based on those ages listed on the reservation. We have no means of mixing and matching the components. This also why we require everyone listed in the room to purchase the same package type with the same park ticket options.

Our computer system simply prevents us from selling an adult dine plan for any guest who's age is listed as under the age of 10 or selling a child's dine plan for any guest who's age is listed as over the age of 9.

To clarify our pricing structure...

An Infant is anyone ages 0-2 years = there is no affect to the room cost, no park ticket is issued, no dine plan credits are issued. Guest will still counts toward the total occupancy of the room.

A Child is anyone ages 3-9 years = there is no affect to the room cost, a child priced park ticket is issued, a child priced dine plan credits are issued. Child must order off the child's menu if one is available.

A Junior is anyone ages 10-17 years = there is no affect to the room cost, an adult priced park ticket is issued, an adult priced dine plan credits are issued.

An Adult is anyone age 18 or over = there is an added adult fee on select rooms if more then 2 adults are listed, an adult priced park ticket is issued, an adult priced dine credits are issued.

Dwarful

We have had this issue for the past few years, as our girls got older. We noticed a few good options...either stick with buffets, or Le Cellier - they were the only TS that had a child's steak on the menu. We would share off the adult CS meals, still taking the best option of the child's meal, so she has a drink, etc. Not perfect, but better than nuggets and hot dogs for a week.

FYI: The Grand Floridian Cafe' has a child's steak on the menu.

We have had this issue for the past few years, as our girls got older. We noticed a few good options...either stick with buffets, or Le Cellier - they were the only TS that had a child's steak on the menu. We would share off the adult CS meals, still taking the best option of the child's meal, so she has a drink, etc. Not perfect, but better than nuggets and hot dogs for a week.

Dwarful

Thanks for the info. We have never eaten at The Grand Floridian Cafe, so I had no idea. I wish they had a few better options inside the parks though. We tend to stick to buffets because of this.

I know that feeling all too well with 5 kids. I've also started having lunch at the Contemporary due to the better selection and less hectic atmosphere than at MK.

Thanks for the info. We have never eaten at The Grand Floridian Cafe, so I had no idea. I wish they had a few better options inside the parks though. We tend to stick to buffets because of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom