Child Left at Disneyland...Mother disappears

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Associated Press

ANAHEIM, Calif. - Authorities and relatives are trying to determine what happened to a woman who left her 8-year-old son in Disneyland more than two weeks ago and hasn't returned home.

The Redlands woman, 38-year-old Robyn Freeman, went missing after spending the day at the amusement park with her two children.

A security guard found 8-year-old Aaron alone July 15, and relatives haven't since heard from his mother or 11-year-old sister Shannon.

"At this point, on the surface, it looks like she may have abandoned her child, but the family tells us that is not her style," Anaheim police Sgt. Rick Martinez said. "For right now, anything's possible."

Aaron was turned over to the Orange County social services agency and is now living with a relative in Yucaipa.

Freeman has struggled financially, picking up odd jobs and living out of her car at times. Relatives said that while she was isolated from the family, she had contacted them in the past when she needed money or shelter.

"It's not normal for her to fall off the radar completely," said cousin Laura Wrede of Gilroy.

Freeman's family has distributed fliers with pictures of the mother and daughter.

"We're basically clueless," said Freeman's sister, Karen Mulling of Redlands. "She loves those children. Why would she leave one and not the other?"

Number_6

That's really scary... I have two kids myself and my daughter is three years older than my son. Whenever I hear about someone that has left one of their children somewhere on their own and not come back I feel really horrible for the child/children. I mean, it's possible something happened to the mother and sister, but it's also possible that she abandoned him but didn't want to be completely alone so she brought the daughter. Who knows? I remember that guy a couple of years back that brought his son into the toy department of a WalMart or similar store and then just walked out on him and left him there. I remember thinking that there is nothing that could possibly make me do something like that to my own children and not understanding how someone could possibly do that. Here's hoping that the mother and daughter are okay and will be found so they can let the poor kid know that it's nothing he did that lead to this. :(

Figment1986

a terrible act to leave her child behind... but also to go dissappear... i hope they find her... and if it was on purpose then have the court get her... if not have her get back to normal....

xfkirsten

That's frightening! I really hope they find out what happened. I wonder if the kid's side of the story would tell anything - they didn't even mention how he claims to have been left.

-Kirsten

mandib

Thats so sad. Maybe Disneyland isn't the Happiest Plane on Earth for some. I still can't figure out how anyone could do that. I really want to know what that mother was thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom