Chicken Strips in MK

wdwowner

Original Poster
I love the chicken strips they serve in the MK.

Can any food serve CM tell me what brand the chicken strips are? I am trying to find them at the grocery store.

Thanks.:)

Mission: SPACE

I really don't think that you can go to a grocery store and buy the exact same chicken they sell at MK... they probably buy it in bulk from some company like Sysco (don't know if you've heard of them!). BTW... I think it's the same chicken strips all around property!!!

DisneyCP2000

While on the subject of food companies like sysco...I think Aramark is the offical supplier of food to WDW. So I think that could be a decent start? :)

Disney4648

When Im at WDW, for lunch i get the chicken strips, french fries, and a large coke. Cosmic Rays Starlight cafe has the best food at the MK.

DCL

Disney World has the best chicken strips ever.... anytime I eat at the hotel for lunch or dinner, I promised myself that I would only eat them as opposed to anything else!

disneydentist

I have to agree. Disney has chicken strips that just can't be matched anywhere in the real world. There an essential part of any trip to WDW.

Superman

Can the chicken strips compare with TGI Fridays chicken fingers with bb-q sauce ohhhhhhhh greatest food ever :slurp: :slurp:

tigsmom

I'm going crazy here...am I the only one who hasen't tried these? What flavor are they?( herb, spicy, cheesy, etc)

Going to have to give them a go in August.

BRER STITCH

:veryconfu

Hmmm....I've never had these either, but promise to try them!

The main reason for avoiding them is that I don't believe they could possibly be hot or crunchy after sitting in that warming bin I always see them in.

But you've convinced me to give them a try! Do they come with sauces to dip them in?

Now the onlyproblem will be WHERE to fit them in my 24 hour non-stop WDW eating schedule...........

:lol:

disneydentist

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
:veryconfu

Hmmm....I've never had these either, but promise to try them!

The main reason for avoiding them is that I don't believe they could possibly be hot or crunchy after sitting in that warming bin I always see them in.

Amazingly, they are always both hot and crispy. In fact they are better than any of the ones you will find at your local grocery store and make at home. At least that's the general opinion at our house.

NowInc

Originally posted by Woody13
I prefer the "Popcorn" chicken at KFC.:sohappy:

I dont think anything served at KFC can be called "chicken"...

...and I have to say..disney food, although overpriced, is great!

.......dont get me started on turkey legs again..shall we?

jimmybop

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
While on the subject of food companies like sysco...I think Aramark is the offical supplier of food to WDW. So I think that could be a decent start? :)

Aramark is the supplyer/company that does the foods for the Cast Memeber's cafateria food backstage. they are not the same kind of chicken strips (I'm actually eatting aramark chiken strips right now at my school's cafe' hahahaha)

as for the kind that Disney uses.. i dont remember, even though I have handled bags and bags of the stuff while work. I think it was more of the idea of haveing to move 15-20 boxes outta the walk in freezer to the freezer right by the fryers that made me not care about the name... hahahaha:hammer:

barnebd5

Originally posted by xstechbabe
At columbia Harbor House I always get the fish and chicken meal!!!
YUM!

Oh yeah! I know the chicken strips are the same all around WDW but it's a sort special quality when you eat them at the Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square at the MK:slurp:

crazygirley

Oh, YUM, the chicken strips!!! They sound SO good right now. I always get them and I usually dip them and the fries in ketchup, honey and BBQ sauce (not at the same time, though). They are like little pieces of heaven. Mmmm, what I wouldn't give to have some shipped out to my house! They are better than ANY other chicken products.

meekoman

The chicken strips at the Columbia Harbor house is a must stop for us too. For some really odd reason and I dont know how it started, I eat my strips with tartar sauce. That is the only place I do that.

TURKEY

Originally posted by NowInc
I dont think anything served at KFC can be called "chicken"...

...and I have to say..disney food, although overpriced, is great!

.......dont get me started on turkey legs again..shall we?

No matter what, NOTHING CAN KILL THE TURKEY LEG.

wanabeimagineer

I'm defenitely with everyone on this subject! Disney's chicken strips just can't be beat. They're fries are great too. By the way, turkey leg boy, is it just me or do Grimace's eyes look bloodshot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom