News Chicken Guy! coming to Disney Springs later this summer

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I visited Tim Hortons last year for the first time while up at Niagara Falls. I was hooked on the coffee and maple donuts immediately. When I got back to Pennsylvania I did a search and the closest TH was in New Jersey. I now travel a hour and a half once a month just to get the coffe and donuts. Worth every minute of my time . Also found out about their pretzel bagels.🙂 Taking home a dozen of them now also.

The maple donuts there are my fave. Since as far back as I can remember.

Piebald

Just ate Chicken Guy (not open yet, I'm special) and it was surprisingly good. Not going to blow anyone away and a regular Chick Fil A sandwich may beat it out for most folks, but it's a nice addition to DS. The sauces seem to be the idea here, as the chicken itself is good but not very tasty. I had a sandwich and also tried some tenders (which the sandwich I had was made up of tenders). Technically the since redacted article was correct, everything is $6.99 or less. With the exception of 5 tenders and loaded fries, which is 7.99. No sign of Guy, sadly.

Figment82

I know, right! I just cancelled our trip to Ocean City, Maryland in favor of a much cheaper trip to Disney, staying club level at Boardwalk Inn.

Aw, I miss OC! I grew up in Baltimore County, and we would drive over at least once a year, usually in the off season so we could bring our dog onto the beach. Now I’m missing some Thrasher’s fries and Candy Kitchen taffy...

I finally was able to try PDQ for the first time this week and really enjoyed their chicken tenders, zucchini fries, and milkshake. This looks like a similar concept, especially with the homemade sauce options. I think I’ll stick with them or CFA. Not really a fan of Guy...

WhatJaneSays

I went last night with a CM friend! So all in all it seems like a good addition to the options for the Springs. More walk up QS with seating is always a bonus for me, especially on that end of DS.

We arrived around 8:30 and it was a relativity short wait; they did have an extended queue set up so it was likely busy earlier. Took about 20 min from joining the line to having food in hand, for me that's comparable to Blaze Pizza or Earl of Sandwich which are my other go-to quick stops. Besides the signboards outside declaring they were now open I didn't notice any other signs directing people to the new restaurant.

Staff was good, similar setup to Blaze where they have someone line managing, handing out menus and answering questions. This could change later, but it seems likely to stay that way. Ordering went smoothly but the menu is small so that helps. You receive a puck like other restaurants; take a seat for eat in or hang around for take out, either way they bring the food to you.

We ordered 5 tenders and fries to share. We got it to go because we were heading to AMC. We hit a snag in that ... by the time we got into the theater we realized they forgot to give us any sauce ... which is half the point of this place. The sauce order was on the pull receipt, so just remember to double check your to go orders before you leave.

As for the food itself it was pretty good, not the greatest tenders ever but better than I expected for the price. They were seasoned to my liking, plenty but not overpowering, and they were larger than expected. 5 tenders was plenty for a movie snack for the 2 of us. The fries are similarly well seasoned and crispy, though I felt it was a slightly small serving and would have ordered a larger size for a pair if that was available.

EDIT: The CM discount was 15%, I forgot to ask about passholder.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Aw, I miss OC! I grew up in Baltimore County, and we would drive over at least once a year, usually in the off season so we could bring our dog onto the beach. Now I’m missing some Thrasher’s fries and Candy Kitchen taffy...

I finally was able to try PDQ for the first time this week and really enjoyed their chicken tenders, zucchini fries, and milkshake. This looks like a similar concept, especially with the homemade sauce options. I think I’ll stick with them or CFA. Not really a fan of Guy...

Bull on the Beach for me. I lived in Arlington for 5 years and was a frequent visitor.

djkidkaz

Ate here today and I was pleasantly surprised as well. Chicken tenders were delicious and of good quality, fries were good ( as someone else mentioned check your order because halfway through our meal we realized they never gave us the fries so we had to ask someone for them ), my son had the Mac and cheese which was better then I expected. The only thing disappointing to me was the fried pickles which didn’t taste like pickles at all, it just tasted like crunchy fried batter with no pickles inside. Only other issue I have with the place is the minimal amount of seating indoors. There are like 10 tables, MAYBE...otherwise your sitting outside in the heat. They should get rid of the planet Hollywood shop right next to it and expand it into extra seating. The food will probably bring in more revenue than the merchandise anyways.

NiarrNDisney

Walt Disney World is most definitely an urban area. It has 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, 1 sports complex, 175 lane miles of roadway, 67 miles of waterway, the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista, an environmental science laboratory where the continuity of water quality is monitored, an electric power-generating & distribution facility, a natural gas distribution system, water and wastewater collection & treatment facilities, a solid waste and recyclables collection & transfer system, plus over 40,000 hotel rooms and 100’s of restaurants and retail stores. Pretty much the definition of URBAN

Last thing I will say about this as this discussions is derailing the thread.
Walt Disney World is a Resort owned by a company that leases land to third parties for use. It may have the infrastructure of an Urban area but by no means is used as such in the normal public world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom