Chester and Hester's Dinorama

What Grade Do You Give Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama?

• A

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • B

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • C

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • D

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • F

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

kaos

Original Poster
Hey All..
Had my first look at good ol' C&H's and I must say, it is done extremely well. Primievel Whirl really blew my mind. I was extremely impressed with it. The whole area is very well themed. I love how Disney always goes down to the smallest details, from the McNugget cartons and McD's bags in the Corvair and the Rambler to the cracks in the parking lot. I really felt like I was in a roadside tourist trap. It was a blast. Highly reccomend Fastpass for PW, and even if you don't take a spin on the Ticeratops, it's definately worth a looksie. I give the addition an A, and I am not easily impressed. After all, I give Pooh a C- and Space Mountian would never get raves like this from me.

monorail256

I gave Dino Rama a B because... well I like the idea of the coaster and the games and all that.. but why another dumbo style ride? They could have thought of something more fun... (not saying that it isnt fun but...):D

WDWspider

I gave it a C. An Average of these things:

It would get an A for theme that it is suppose to be.

A F on "another Dumbo Ride", especially right after Aladdin.

A C on Primeval Whirl - although the best Wild Mouse yet, it is a wild mouse.

A D for introducing Carnie games as a "theme".

A B for fun factor.

I like Dino-rama, don't get me wrong, in any "other" amusement park it would be an A, but associated with Disney it only gets a C IMO.

disneyfamily

I give it an A++. The rides are way cool, I love the color scheme.( and so does my 3 yr old) The games are fun. It just brightens up the entire park !

monorail256

Originally posted by disneyfamily
I give it an A++. The rides are way cool, I love the color scheme.( and so does my 3 yr old) The games are fun. It just brightens up the entire park !

Dont you think the outfits are pizzafari "brighten up" the park enough.. hahaha :lol:

wdwcrazy

You only went as low as an F, but I would have given it a G-. It was WAY out of place. YOu enter Dinoland and you see bones and it feels like you're in a dinosaur dig site. Then get to this place that doens't belong there, nor does it fit the theme. The coaster wasn't good at all. This would go perfect into my local Six Flags or county fair. I will not be back to Dino-Rama it was bad.

bearboysnc

I gave it a B

The good:
1. Details: parking lot paving, the cars, billboards, old license plate planters etc.
2. LOVE the Ice Cream trailer in the shape of a dino.
3. PW is pretty fun. (Glad they built 2 tracks)
4. The giant cement Dino (needs a gift shop in it's belly).

The bad:
1. Tri-spin is TOO BIG! Obviously volume is more important than scale.
2. The whole area is too glossy to be a "roadside carnival". Roadside attractions are like folk art. It should be more rustic.
3. There’s no shade. (ZERO)
4. I don't mind the midway games. They could have come up with better themeing. DL has a shooting gallery, but it is the BEST shooting gallery I’ve ever seen.

I understand the "back story" but it's unnecessarily complicated.

rocketman23

I give it a C. It feels out of place from the rest of Dino-Land. TriceriTop Spin is ok, and has good music, but it's another Dumbo ride nevertheless. As for Primeval Whirl, I've been on a better spinning wild mouse, so this seemed like nothing in comparison. I suppose to a person who's never been on Kennywood's Exterminator, it would be fun. I can't get the shadow of how much better themed and how much better and longer the Exterminator is. This is the type of wild mouse Disney should've done. I'm just not used to Disney taking the back seat when they build one genre of ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom