Chemotherapy Port and Disney

Mrs.Skellington

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2011. She just finished her Chemo treatment. It was a long very bad experience. I am glad to say she is doing well now. I am glad the same thing is going on for your mom.

We lost my dad in 2004 to Leukemia. He was given 3-5 months and lived over 3 years. It was really hard watching him suffer but knowing he was able to see two of his four grandchildren helped ease his pain. And it was his Chemo that killed him in the end.

We was also told about not eating fresh veggies and salads.

We will definitely keep her in our prayers.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
I am sorry for your losses. Thank you for the thoughts. My grandfather died of cancer when I was two. I was too little to remember but I know that he was excited to have the first grandson after three grand-daughters. That was another worry in the early days of this. Was not just losing my mother but Allison not have a chance to know one of her grandmother's.

Now that I have lost my composure, that just came out of the blue. Please read my trip report and join in the of fun of a Noob at Disney.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Update: Good News

My mothers latest oncologist appt. went well. The tumor in the chest continues to shrink so he hopes the other spots are responding also. Have to wait for a while until they can do another scan so insurance will help cover the expense. She is now going to transfer to a doctor an hour closer to home that has a very good reputation. That will help cut down on how draining these appointment are.

Thank you for all the prayer's.

Minnie1976

Update: Good News

My mothers latest oncologist appt. went well. The tumor in the chest continues to shrink so he hopes the other spots are responding also. Have to wait for a while until they can do another scan so insurance will help cover the expense. She is now going to transfer to a doctor an hour closer to home that has a very good reputation. That will help cut down on how draining these appointment are.

Thank you for all the prayer's.
So glad she is improving and will have a good doctor closer to home. I was lucky I was only 10 minutes at the most from my doctors and hospital. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Thanks all. We will be going to our local Relay for Life event tonight. Which we try to do every year to show support but this year will mean more to me personally.

prberk

Glad your mom continues to show progress. It's a very long road, but please know that you're not walking it alone. ((Hugs)) and prayers continuing for you and your family.

Did not see this until today, but please know how true Nemo's statement is above. You and your mom and your family are in my prayers.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Grandmas go to heaven day 7-24-2014

Well my friends I have not been on here in a while due to the rollercoster that is life. I thank all my WDWMAGIC family for all the support and prayers. However, the door we all must walk through has opened for my mother. She passed today but it was peaceful and with loved ones by her side. Watching my mother fight this horrible illness I have a new respect for her courage and strength to the end. She did not give up the fight even after medicine was exhausted she fought to the very end and fought hard. This is a sad day but to know that the pain is over is a relief. I will miss my mother but she will always be with me. My 5 year old daughter asked Monday, "Is today Grandmas go to Heaven day?" That was a tough one to answer and staying composed. But now I can say, "Yes honey today is Grandmas go to Heaven day."

This is one of my mothers favorite songs. You can jump to a minute 1:33 I tried to skip the intro but couldn't.

Last edited:

Nemo14

I was just thinking of you the other day. So sorry you and your family and especially your mom had to go through this. Find your comfort and strength in the knowledge that her suffering is over and she's in a better place. ((Huge Hugs))

disneypearl

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your mom had a lot of strength and courage. She is now in a better place and pain free. I'll say a prayer for your family.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Your Mom sounds like she was some sort of woman that had a life. Glad your DD had the opportunity to know her.
Be well.

Minnie1976

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine what your mother went through, and the heartache you now feel. Even though we know she is in a better place, it is hard when a loved one passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom