Chef Rick Bayless to open Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A permit was filed for this restaurant today.

The address if 1604 E Buena Vista Dr. I know Morimoto is 1600 and I have seen the 1604 address used for the bridge near Raglan Road. I think the CO7 location is to small since this restaurant is supposed to be 6000 sq ft, so I am guessing this is going to be over in the Town Center area.

Capture.JPG

ToTBellHop

Based upon today's news, this sounds like a sit-down. Counter service restaurants don't serve food on wood planks.

This should be wonderful! I was always a bit bummed that it was going to be just a counter service since Bayless can do a lot more with a table serve. Now it sounds like a unique experience for most!

ChrisM

Based upon today's news, this sounds like a sit-down. Counter service restaurants don't serve food on wood planks.

This should be wonderful! I was always a bit bummed that it was going to be just a counter service since Bayless can do a lot more with a table serve. Now it sounds like a unique experience for most!

His XOCO restaurant does.

Order at the counter and you're seated by a host/hostess. Food (including some on planks) is delivered to your table when ready.

EvilQueen-T

This is the Bayless $DIS needs, not the other one :D

If you've ever watched his PBS show, he is big on REGIONAL Mexican cuisine. The show focuses on an area for a few shows (Oaxaca, Mexico City, Baja Peninsula, etc). One of his restaurants in Chicago has pepper plants on the roof.

This has the potential to be fantastic.

His food always looks amazing. And it doesn't hurt he has about a half dozen James Beard awards and the top chef master's trophy he has sitting on a shelf somewhere. Soooooooo looking forward to this place opening lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom