Chef Rick Bayless to open Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs

PumpkinEeyore

flyerjab

Yep, great isn't it! There is going to be some serious dining competition at Disney Springs when it is all said and done.

I have been arguing all along that the transformation of Disney Springs is making this a destination for a trip to WDW. The restaurant lineup is getting so good now - Boathouse, Morimoto's, Raglan Road (I still really like that one), STK, Homecoming Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine, Frontera Fresco, as well as a rerfurbed Paradiso 37, along with additions like Jock Lindsey's, The Edison, The Neverland Club, Blaze Pizza. It just keeps getting better.

Next Big Thing

I have been arguing all along that the transformation of Disney Springs is making this a destination for a trip to WDW. The restaurant lineup is getting so good now - Boathouse, Morimoto's, Raglan Road (I still really like that one), STK, Homecoming Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine, Frontera Fresco, as well as a rerfurbed Paradiso 37, along with additions like Jock Lindsey's, The Edison, The Neverland Club, Blaze Pizza. It just keeps getting better.
It's kind of like World Showcase without having to pay $100 to get in.

Mickey_777

Without a doubt, another fantastic addition to DS. Never met him, but he seems like such a cool and nice guy when he's on Top Chef. Can we get a Shake Shack next? Epcot's gonna have to keep up...

ChrisM

I wonder how much of the existing Frontera Fresco concept they will utilize The name is already connected to a grouping of quick-service style restaurants in the Chicago area (menu: http://www.rickbayless.com/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/118_FRONTERA_FRESCO_MENU_080515.PDF).

I've eaten at Bayless' Xoco, but haven't had a chance to eat at Frontera or one of the Frescos. I'm excited for this to be coming to Disney Springs. His recipes are amazing.

I would expect it will be exactly like the existing Frontera Fresco restaurants - quick service tortas and tacos.

Color me a little disappointed they aren't going with a full upscale restaurant like Frontera Grill or Topolobampo, or even the XOCO concept. That said, the food will certainly be excellent, especially for a quick service.

Jon81uk

I would expect it will be exactly like the existing Frontera Fresco restaurants - quick service tortas and tacos.

Color me a little disappointed they aren't going with a full upscale restaurant like Frontera Grill or Topolobampo, or even the XOCO concept. That said, the food will certainly be excellent, especially for a quick service.

The Landing area will have a lot of table service places. It will be good to have some extra quick service too

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't know anything about him, but he looks like an audio-animatronic in this photo:

b4s_rickbayless102315_16146769_8col.jpg

AC21075

Save pleasure Island believes this will take over an existing building in West Side.
I don't believe that. Aren't both Bongo's and Wolfgang's almost 3 times the size of the 6,000 square foot restaurant size quoted in the press release? That's not nearly as big as some of the standalone spots at Disney Springs. From what I've seen there's at least two possible spots in the town center: the building across from Planet Hollywood btw the "not an Apple" store and the arcade mall, and the westernmost extension of the large town center building, near PH and what might be Homecoming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom