Chef Mickeys - Walk Up List Option

LeeHarman

Original Poster
Hi all,

Please could you all share your experiences in using the Chef Mickeys walk up list option on the MDE.

We have not been able to bag a breakfast ADR for any day of our pending trip, so the only option is to try the walk up list.

How successful have people been using this option? How does it work? Do you have to wait long?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance

buckeyegator

in the past year we have been able to get walk ups for homecoming, rose and crown, and crystal palace.i almost believe they leave some open, plus now with the 2 hour cancellation policy it is much easier, imo.

NelleBelle

It’s also easier to get ADRs the closer to the day you want as people cancel. We’ve been able to get harder To come by ADRs the day before just by Frequently checking to see if anything popped up.

WorldExplorer

Haven't tried Chef Mickey's list specifically but I've had fairly good experiences with walk up lists. If I really want somewhere, I've never not been able to get in through the walk up list (including the character meal at Hollywood and Vine).

If you end up unable to snag a proper reservation (absolutely don't give up on that) I have two tips: one, check the app repeatedly. If it says nothing right now you might just need to wait a minute or two. From my experience, this kind of thing is constantly changing.

Two, prepare for an hour wait. There's no way to gauge what your wait will be, it could be as little as five minutes, but an hour is generally the worst case scenario once you actually get on the list (paired, of course, with the amount of time trying to get on the list).

(My experience is as someone traveling alone or with just one other person. But whenever I pull up the list it thinks I'm in a group of seven and sometimes it actually has better offers for a group of seven than a single person, so presumably it's largely the same experience unless you're in like double digit numbers.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom