Chef Mickey's is it worth it?

lovepooh

Original Poster
Hi All!

I was all set and ready to head to chef mickey's for breakfast for my kids, but then I had heard
IT was the most expensive disney buffet, and the food isnt even that good.

We have done both breakfast and dinner but that was more then 3 years ago, has the quality of food gone down? Is it really worth it or would I be better off making a ressie at the Crystal palace or Donald Safari breakfast at Animal Kindgom park.

Thanks for all info! :)

HouCuseChickie

I totally think breakfast is worth ot there. And while we didn't like the dinner food, the breakfast food was on par with the other top character breakfasts. I also love that they start seating at 7am...meaning you really could go to any park on a Chef Mickey's breakfast day and make park opening.

Now, I do love a prepark opening slot at Crystal Palace, but had a sub par experience at Tusker. Still, experiences can vary and I know many love Tusker. IDK... Id keep Chef Mickey's unless you get an 8:05am Crystal Palace on your MK day.

bsiev1977

I totally think breakfast is worth ot there. And while we didn't like the dinner food, the breakfast food was on par with the other top character breakfasts. I also love that they start seating at 7am...meaning you really could go to any park on a Chef Mickey's breakfast day and make park opening.

Now, I do love a prepark opening slot at Crystal Palace, but had a sub par experience at Tusker. Still, experiences can vary and I know many love Tusker. IDK... Id keep Chef Mickey's unless you get an 8:05am Crystal Palace on your MK day.
That's part of my plan for December. Make early breakfast ADRs at non morning EMH parks. Tusker for AK, Akerhaus for EPCOT, Crystal Palace for MK, and ??? For the Studios.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The main complaint with Chef Mickey's is the noise and the effort required (busy, etc).

The character breakfast at Tusker House in AK is basically the same thing at a lower key scale.

If I'm doing Chef Mickey breakfast.. I'd try to get the very first reservations... it's not as insane as it is in primetime.

dopeylover

We're planning on going for breakfast for our next trip as well. I have heard mixed reviews as well, but mostly about dinner. It's pretty hard, IMO, to screw up breakfast items.

zero creativity

I wasn't a big fan of Chef Mickey's. The potrait you can get there is in front of a giant Mickey Mouse plate. The food was about the same as any other breakfast buffet. For my money, I would go to Tusker House over Chef Mickey's. You can get into the park after it is open, they have a slightly different selection of food and it doesn't look like you are eating in an airport cafeteria.

DisneyDebNJ

We are the same way. Every visit, Chef Mickey's is a must for breakfast! We havent gone for dinner since 2010, and it was OK... nowhere's near as good as other dinner buffets in my opinion... but the mashed potatoes are wonderful, as is the dessert *buffet*. Is it worth it? Absolutely, this is the best place for the Fab 5 interaction with kids... of ALL ages ;)

HouCuseChickie

That's part of my plan for December. Make early breakfast ADRs at non morning EMH parks. Tusker for AK, Akerhaus for EPCOT, Crystal Palace for MK, and ??? For the Studios.

We actually really enjoyed Hollywood & Vine for breakfast. I know lunch and dinner get lesser reviews, but the breakfast buffet was good as was the service. We had an 8:05 and were out around 8:55a...so getting FPs for TSMM was a breeze. OK- well for DH and the kids it was...I got to "run" with the masses. While I haven't tried it Kouzzina for both breakfast & dinner is on my to do list and it's also a short boat ride away from DHS.

bsiev1977

We actually really enjoyed Hollywood & Vine for breakfast. I know lunch and dinner get lesser reviews, but the breakfast buffet was good as was the service. We had an 8:05 and were out around 8:55a...so getting FPs for TSMM was a breeze. OK- well for DH and the kids it was...I got to "run" with the masses. While I haven't tried it Kouzzina for both breakfast & dinner is on my to do list and it's also a short boat ride away from DHS.
I've done Hollywood and vine for dinner with the Fantasmic package. Should work for me for breakfast. Plus, being by myself and a quick eater, if I can get as early as you did I'll be in beat shape to hit the opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom