Chef Mickey PS

Shellybelle

We are going from May 4 - 11. Last week I called to make reservations at Chef Mickeys for breakfast or dinner. I was told that during my entire stay dinner reservations would be 8:30 or later and there were no openings for breakfast except a single slot for 7:00 a.m on May 11. I've never made a PS so late before my trip and was wondering is this common for Chef Mickey or is it an indicator of the crowd level? Thanks for replies.

Robfasto

I sounds like it will be crowded during the first week of May. I have gone during the first week of May before and never thought about Priority Seating and just walked up and was seated in 10-15 minutes.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We've never made PS in advance. We usually call a day or so ahead, after we are there (from our hotel room). We have also just walked up and were able to be seated. Keep trying. Somebody may cancel. Also check when you arrive.

Upvote 0

Adayinthelife

I know while I worked at the contemporary this past year we had a lot of unhappy people who couldnt go. It is considered one of the hardest restaurants to get into now on property. They werent even allowing walk-ups anymore but that could have changed. My best advice is to try back now and again and then try at check-in, you never know what can change. Best of luck!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

we'll be down there may 8 through the 12...i usually call chef mickeys a couple months before but this time , i called the other day and we got 8 at nite or 720 in the morn or 10:40 in the morn , needless to say we went with the 10:40..which for calling 3 weeks in advance i did'nt think that was too bad..when we go down in sept i'll probably call in advance like norm..but even last november when we went down it was pretty busy because of people rescheduling their vactions from sept due to the hurricane season, we made reservation at guest relations and did'nt have to much of a problem...i guess know one can really predict..although some have....we'll just have to see what its like...crowd level..but chef mickeys..is so worth it..i would keep trying..or try when you get down there...if you get one from booking over the phone over the next couple of weeks that is'nt so bad keep it, then when you go down try to see if maybe you can get something better..worth a try..

Upvote 0

bgraham34

That happened to me when I went in the second week of december last year. I got breakfast the last day i was there at 7.30 Am that. But I least i got in.

Upvote 0

Fran98765

We're going during the second week in May and we wanted Chef Mickey's for breakfast one morning and all we could get was around 11am, so we switched to dinner and got a more reasonable time. One thing we learned is to keep calling back if you don't get what you want. People will cancel and you might be able to get in.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I'd agree with the keep calling back. I called today4-21 for our trip May 6-15th. I did get our party of 5 in on the 14th. I was really looking for a midweek breakfast, but that didn't happen today. But I'll keep calling just in case. I am not big on the PS, I sort of like to see where we are and what everyone wants. But this trip the kids do want to do Chef Mickeys, Sci-Fi, Biergarten and Hollywood & Vine and of course a Kitchen Sink from Beaches N Cream! Anything else will be icing on the cake so to speak. I myself am looking forward to enjoying a dole whip and a rice cream in Norway! ...ahhhh....the countdown is on!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom