Chef Mickey lunch

shannonmatteo

Does anyone know about the lunch? I have an early Sept. reservation. Is it still a character, buffet meal? Even the cast member on the phone did not know.:sohappy:

RiversideBunny

I don't think there is a Chef Mickey lunch.
They just do breakfast and dinner.
You can, however, eat a late breakfast there and call it lunch.
For example, we have an 11:10 reservation in December.

I understand that by going late the characters are more available because the restaurant is less crowded.

:)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I didn't even know they were open for lunch!

I did a little search and it seemed that it was only going to be a temporary thing last year, but it looks like that has changed. All I could see was that it was a buffet, but I would imagine the characters are still there, thats the appeal of Chef Mickey's.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

It seems lunch was added to accommodate the larger crowds because of the free dining, found this on the net...

Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary will be open for lunch during part of the Free Dining promotion. From August 28 - September 8, Chef Mickey’s will serve lunch from 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

It seems lunch was added to accommodate the larger crowds because of the free dining, found this on the net...

Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary will be open for lunch during part of the Free Dining promotion. From August 28 - September 8, Chef Mickey’s will serve lunch from 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

I remember them doing that last year. I think it would be great if they offered luch year round like Crystal Palace does.

Upvote 0

MEBSTinkerbell

Yes, the characters will be there for lunch. Yes, its still a buffet but diffrent from the dinner menu. I believe they will have salads, soups, sandwiches, and some hot items on the buffet. Chef Mickey's is normally only open for breakfast and dinner but due to high demand for sit down dining during some of the free dining promotion dates the location will be open for lunch. HTH

Upvote 0

SweetPea

like someone said earlier, get a late breakfast ressie if you can. we've always gotten one of the last breakfast ressies and it was great. all of the characters made it to our table 3 to 4 times each and stayed for a while each time.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Does anyone know about the lunch? I have an early Sept. reservation. Is it still a character, buffet meal? Even the cast member on the phone did not know.:sohappy:
I believe all of the meals at Chef Mickey's are character meals.
We went last summer for the dinner & it was great!:slurp:
We are going again in Sept.!
:wave:

Upvote 0

TShark469

I have a late breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's in September and was wondering if they start changing over to the lunch foods while breakfast people are still there or if they clear out the place before changing over. It would be nice to get the best of both worlds. :)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I have a late breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's in September and was wondering if they start changing over to the lunch foods while breakfast people are still there or if they clear out the place before changing over. It would be nice to get the best of both worlds. :)

Since there are two sides of the buffet that are the same, I would imagine that they would take one side and start changing it over at the end of breakfast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom