Chef Mickey - is it a must??

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
Oh fab!!! I just can't wait to be there!!! I'll be in magic Kingdom that day. How long do u reckon it would take me to get to contemporary hotel from magic Kingdom? It's first stop on monorail so I am assuming quite quickly?

rob0519

It depends on the line at the monorail station. Once you're on the train it's under minutes if that. You can also walk to the Contemporary fomr the MK. It's about 10 minutes from exit gate to door.

Andy_0410

When we stayed at contemporary we always walked to MK and back easier than the monorail and the greeter at contemporary will happily give you directions to chef mickeys once in the resort

DfromATX

If you going for the characters it is great food is your basic buffet nothing to write home about. But is you are visiting MK that day are you wanting to leave the park to eat? If not check out the character buffet at Crystal Palace inside MK. However I find Ohana to be better than Chef Mickey if you are looking to leave the park and have a character experience.

I second this. 'Ohana is our must-eat-at every trip! Delicious! And it's close by Chef Mickey's (for the OP). Chef Mickey's is a festive place and great for children. I have a photo of my son at the self-serve ice cream candy dispenser. You can imagine that mess lol! I say eat there at least once.

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
I second this. 'Ohana is our must-eat-at every trip! Delicious! And it's close by Chef Mickey's (for the OP). Chef Mickey's is a festive place and great for children. I have a photo of my son at the self-serve ice cream candy dispenser. You can imagine that mess lol! I say eat there at least once.
Can I please as what "OP" is? Ive seen it mentioned in other posts and haven't been able to figure it out lol

Flyersgirl17

Ive got 2 fussy eaters so your comment is very reassuring!!! Its been a nightmare with ADR due to the pair of them.
don't i know it!!!! we went to ohana and he wouldn't eat anything but a few pieces of fruit. the rest of us loved it but it doesn't make sense to go if there is nothing he will eat

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
don't i know it!!!! we went to ohana and he wouldn't eat anything but a few pieces of fruit. the rest of us loved it but it doesn't make sense to go if there is nothing he will eat
I can see my youngest living on pizza for 3 weeks with plenty of ice cream and my daughter will have lettuce lol I will remain calm though and smile through it lol

DisneyJunkie

Chef Mickey's is definitely good for at least ONE visit, particularly if you've never been. As far as the food goes, it's standard breakfast buffet fare (much like every other one on site), which isn't terrible but not particularly special either. As far as location, you can't beat it for being in the cool Contemporary Resort and close proximity to the Magic Kingdom. Atmosphere-wise, that's where it can be taken or left. Naturally, it's going to attract families with small children and that is primarily what you will be hearing - quite loudly - during your meal experience there. So if you are easily irritated by a lot of whining, crying kids you may not have too fun a time, but if it doesn't bother you, you'll be ok. The character experience is good, and you might even enjoy watching the kids have fun with them. So all-in-all, I'd recommmend it at least for first-timers. After that, I guess it depends on how you feel about it afterwards.

PinnySmart

I have a reservation for dinner at Chef Mickey on our upcoming visit in June. Anyone care to share any thought good or bad on this? Considering dropping one TS meal so any advice would be appreciated.
It is a must not for us. We find it overpriced and entirely too busy. If we want a meal with Mickey we go to Garden Grill.

Andy_0410

Used to love Garden grill but last time we were there we were 10/15 mins before reservation at which point we were told they were running about 20 mins behind reservation time
We were not seated until an hour after the reservation time with no info to what was happening or on the times I did go and ask for any info I was told it won't be long. Not sure be going again

Bulldog1653

I have a reservation for dinner at Chef Mickey on our upcoming visit in June. Anyone care to share any thought good or bad on this? Considering dropping one TS meal so any advice would be appreciated.

To answer your original question, yes it's worth it. I would strongly suggest doing it as a breakfast meal. The food is pretty decent and the character experience is amazing. I've been there the past 2 trips and will do it again.
When we were there the first time, I wore a T-shirt that had Mickey snickering on it and pointing to one side. The caption read "I'm with Goofy". As you can probably guess, Goofy saw this shirt and the shenanigans began. He went around and dragged the other characters to see the shirt and they made a big production of it. I have a picture of Goofy and I pointing in each other's direction and it was great.

Lsumatt72

We really don't care for it. I have always been disappointed with the food. The character experience is fun though.
I agree with this sentiment. Loved the character experience but the food definitely left something to be desired. I would say if you have kids give it a try and see how you like it, but there are better character options out there, imo.

71dsp

We've always had fun there! It's one of our usual places to eat during our trips. We've done both dinner and breakfast on various trips, and I have to say that we prefer breakfast. IMO, the food is better for breakfast, although we have not had any problems with dinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom