Cheer Groups crowds?

micknminnie

Original Poster
Hi. We are visiting the first week of May. I’ve read that cheer completions are still happening in Disney this year the last week of April and into May. Do you think crowds would be comparable to President’s week? Thanks!

JIMINYCR

When weve been at WDW during past cheering competitions, the parks werent badly affected during the day when the events were taking place. It got more crowded in the evenings, and you could feel the difference when the kids and their families were free to go to the parks. There was some cheers breaking out and exuberant kids apart from their chaperones, but nothing to the level of the disruptive Brazilians. I also wonder if this year there may be many schools that decide to put off attending due to Covid fears. So I wouldnt think numbers will be as bad as Presidents Week.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My experience was in January or February a few years back.....what was bothersome to me was all the sudden a pack of young girls would run to get in line together, and suddenly there would be 20-30 people ahead of you in line......it is rather hard to try to out run them due to density...... 😜. Not so many cheers in line, but some shrieking.....hair tossing, eye rolling....mirror checks.....;). So sort of like some tour groups without a flag......:joyfull: President's Day weekend into the week was my most crowded trip ever, never again. NOW? This year crowd level guesses are just that.....what they limit capacity to.....isn't it still @ 35%?

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well, large groups have to break into smaller groups due to social distancing rules so hopefully they won't travel in packs! My fingers are 🤞🏻that there won't be any that come early as there is supposed to be a competition the weekend we leave in mid-April 🙄
Good point.....it seems the wait times many days are up on my app.....so I interpret that as it taking longer to get through the line due to spacing loading unloading procedures than actual number of people getting through.....Hope you have a wonderful adventure!!!;)

Dad 2 M & M

When weve been at WDW during past cheering competitions, the parks werent badly affected during the days when the events were taking place. It got more crowded in the evenings, and you could feel the difference when the kids and their families were free to go to the parks. There was some cheers breaking out and exuberant kids apart from their chaperones, but nothing to the level of the disruptive Brazilians. I also wonder if this year there may be many schools that decide to put off attending due to Covid fears. So I wouldnt think numbers will be as bad as Presidents Week.
Domestic Sports Groups are worse than any other group by far....they are the epitome of one person in line turning in to twenty+
My experience was in January or February a few years back.....what was bothersome to me was all the sudden a pack of young girls would run to get in line together, and suddenly there would be 20-30 people ahead of you in line......it is rather hard to try to out run them due to density...... 😜. Not so many cheers in line, but some shrieking.....hair tossing, eye rolling....mirror checks.....;). So sort of like some tour groups without a flag......:joyfull: President's Day weekend into the week was my most crowded trip ever, never again. NOW? This year crowd level guesses are just that.....what they limit capacity to.....isn't it still @ 35%?
We’ve experienced the 20-30 ahead of you...funny thing is one of the coaches and five or so cheerleaders were in line in front of us at TestTrack telling us how offended they were when a group from South America was letting all their friends break in line. She was telling us this as she allowed what appeared to be her entire team join in line...easily 25+

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Domestic Sports Groups are worse than any other group by far....they are the epitome of one person in line turning in to twenty+

We’ve experienced the 20-30 ahead of you...funny thing is one of the coaches and five or so cheerleaders were in line in front of us at TestTrack telling us how offended they were when a group from South America was letting all their friends break in line. She was telling us this as she allowed what appeared to be her entire team join in line...easily 25+

The odd thing was I noticed adult "coaches" with them walking in groups around MK but seemed I did not see them with groups in queue....probably "I will be right here when you get done". :p

NelleBelle

I totally would've called the coach out on exactly the same thing. I would've said, "yeah, we generally don't care for competition teams coming to the parks for EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!", and then point the kids cutting in line. Biggest pet peeve of mine. My dad and brother (6'3 and 6'5) would block the line and when they'd say they were trying to get up to their friends, he'd tell them they should've all stayed together and if they want to be together, their friends can come back to them but they surely aren't going ahead.

WDW_Emily

Well, large groups have to break into smaller groups due to social distancing rules so hopefully they won't travel in packs! My fingers are 🤞🏻that there won't be any that come early as there is supposed to be a competition the weekend we leave in mid-April 🙄
We check in to all-stars two days before the competition in mid-april🤦‍♀️. We are only staying there for a couple of days before going to DAK Lodge but we might switch to pop just to avoid the cheer crowds on the bus and practicing on the greens of the resort.

Dad 2 M & M

We check in to all-stars two days before the competition in mid-april🤦‍♀️. We are only staying there for a couple of days before going to DAK Lodge but we might switch to pop just to avoid the cheer crowds on the bus and practicing on the greens of the resort.
Hopefully you can avoid them in the Parks..............and by all means, have a BLAST!!

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

I totally would've called the coach out on exactly the same thing. I would've said, "yeah, we generally don't care for competition teams coming to the parks for EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!", and then point the kids cutting in line. Biggest pet peeve of mine. My dad and brother (6'3 and 6'5) would block the line and when they'd say they were trying to get up to their friends, he'd tell them they should've all stayed together and if they want to be together, their friends can come back to them but they surely aren't going ahead.
Not my/our style....and I've seen peeps and teams "discussing" the merits of their case.

It's entertaining to say the least when someone makes their stand! Most Magical Place on Earth sometimes has audience participation in the entertainment!! Especially when someone does BOW UP by either by blocking the line of getting really loud!

Our last trip we were almost to the "entry" of the Slinky Dog, and had to wait while they cleared optional/assistance access line. One group of three was waiting in the optional line for the rest of their party to arrive. The Cast Member asked them to wait off to the side. They happily waited for the rest of their party.

When the rest of the party arrived, the Cast Member was noticeably shaken when she realized the rest of the Party was actually just getting done riding Slinky Dog, and was coming from the exit! Basically rode the ride, and did a u-turn and rode again. We watched as some of the other guests gave the group a hard time.......the Cast Member was horrified!

**edit** Now that I ponder it a bit, I don't think we've ever been in a long/longer line without seeing someone holding a space in line for the rest of their party! We attempt to avoid the lines, but whenever we happen to be in one, someone is always walking by catching up to their party.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

I feel for you! They may take up a bus(es) because of how big their group is. But I can't imagine how annoying it would be to be trying to relax at the pool and have it invaded with a loud group "cheering" or trying to take a nap and have the racket going on outside 😠

NelleBelle

Not my/our style....and I've seen peeps and teams "discussing" the merits of their case.

It's entertaining to say the least when someone makes their stand! Most Magical Place on Earth sometimes has audience participation in the entertainment!! Especially when someone does BOW UP by either by blocking the line of getting really loud!

Our last trip we were almost to the "entry" of the Slinky Dog, and had to wait while they cleared optional/assistance access line. One group of three was waiting in the optional line for the rest of their party to arrive. The Cast Member asked them to wait off to the side. They happily waited for the rest of their party.

When the rest of the party arrived, the Cast Member was noticeably shaken when she realized the rest of the Party was actually just getting done riding Slinky Dog, and was coming from the exit! Basically rode the ride, and did a u-turn and rode again. We watched as some of the other guests gave the group a hard time.......the Cast Member was horrified!

**edit** Now that I ponder it a bit, I don't think we've ever been in a long/longer line without seeing someone holding a space in line for the rest of their party! We attempt to avoid the lines, but whenever we happen to be in one, someone is always walking by catching up to their party.
I generally don’t care if it’s one person or an adult with a kid, etc. I can see how the guests waiting on the queue would’ve been livid to see those kids get off of slinky and pop right back over without waiting. The CM should’ve told them they could not do that and head to the back of the line, along with those who he told could wait for their party (or I guess they could wait off to the side while the rest went to the back of the line and caught up with them to board, 90 minutes later). :banghead: Just beyond selfish!

Dad 2 M & M

I generally don’t care if it’s one person or an adult with a kid, etc. I can see how the guests waiting on the queue would’ve been livid to see those kids get off of slinky and pop right back over without waiting. The CM should’ve told them they could not do that and head to the back of the line, along with those who he told could wait for their party (or I guess they could wait off to the side while the rest went to the back of the line and caught up with them to board, 90 minutes later). :banghead: Just beyond selfish!
We "notice" more than we care, regardless of one person with an adult, or a group.

I guess those domestic group are comprised of many who have already learned "to catch up" with mom/dad on previous trips. Those "educated" must be a valuable resource to the rest of the group!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I see them in the lines sometimes, some of those groups really tick me off. There was one time back when I was 18 at 11:00 me and a friend of mine got to ride Splash Mountain back to back a few times, the last time a grout of kids in front of us hogging 2 boats around the same age got real bad, started walking off the boats and we followed. Our 3 boats got abnoctious, no one was wearing shirts, the ride stopped and someone called us out over the loudspeaker multiple times. Before you all hate me we had the ride to ourselves.I also once started a Dreamfinder chant on Imagination but I was young and dumb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom