Checking Fast Pass Availability

LynnHops

Original Poster
I have selected all of my fast passes for trip in January (marathon weekend) and I want to check fast pass availability in another park. How do I do that? I would give up my fast passes for MK or Epcot if I could get certain rides in AK or HS but I don’t even know how to check. The app will only let me check within the same park (by initiating a change)

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You can't.

I think perhaps if you subscribe to touring plans its a feature that they let you look up availability but I'm not even sure if that is true since I'm not subscribed. I've just heard of others that say that's an option.

My personal preference is to decide which park which day and make my FP and don't worry about what other FP's may be available.

bUU

The tool is available (at least to some extent) without subscription, but it is based on snapshots in time; it isn't a real time view of what's available right this moment.

nickys

Premium Member
You can't.

I think perhaps if you subscribe to touring plans its a feature that they let you look up availability but I'm not even sure if that is true since I'm not subscribed. I've just heard of others that say that's an option.

My personal preference is to decide which park which day and make my FP and don't worry about what other FP's may be available.

Yes you can!

See my post below. 🙂

nickys

Premium Member
I have selected all of my fast passes for trip in January (marathon weekend) and I want to check fast pass availability in another park. How do I do that? I would give up my fast passes for MK or Epcot if I could get certain rides in AK or HS but I don’t even know how to check. The app will only let me check within the same park (by initiating a change)

You cannot do it by modifying your existing FPs.

You need to go in as if you were making new FPs.
Select your group and park.
You will of course get a warning that you already have FPs which will be cancelled if you proceed.

Ignore the warning!

Your existing FPs will only be cancelled if you complete the process and confirm the new FP. Until then, your FPs remain intact.

The dilemma comes with whether to go ahead and book the first FP in the new park, which will cancel all your existing ones for that day. You gamble slightly on there being FPs for other rides in the new park still available when you’re ready to book #2 & #3.

But if this is a search to see if it’s worth switching to AK for Flight of Passage, or DHS for Slinky, and there is one available, I would do it if that was your real aim. Chances are there will still be some tier2 FPs available in the new park.

arich35

I am using Android.

I go to My plans-Select an existing fastpass-Change-Select Guests-Times available for that specific ride

It no longer allows you to see all available fast passes for that park on that day before you try and change it

nickys

Premium Member
I am using Android.

I go to My plans-Select an existing fastpass-Change-Select Guests-Times available for that specific ride

It no longer allows you to see all available fast passes for that park on that day before you try and change it

There are now two “Change” options in the app (not sure if it’s all versions of the app or not).

One does what you said, shows other available times for the specific ride.

The other shows other rides in the park.

You cannot look at both at the same time.

But you can still “check” in another park by following the steps I gave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom