Check your Airline Ressies again!

bigedefd

Ok so it was not too long ago, someone posted a thread about double checking your airline ressies, well I did when that thread went up. Well since then I have kept an eye on mine, that I booked in Feb for oct, and I will be Darned if Delta has not changed my flight for the 5th time on Friday. What once was a 9 am flight arriving at 245pm to an 11am flight not arriving until 7pm. Also they had me leaving Bangor Me. at 11 and leaving Boston at 915 this is not possible. So I called Delta and after demanding to talk to someone that spoke English they told me that this week they cut hundreds of flights again. So just as a heads up if you are flying Delta Check your ressies.

shutnak879

I have to say Southwest is wonderful to fly with. I still check prior to flight date, however, we have been flying Southwest to Disney for the past 7 years, 1-2 times a year and have yet to have a flight changed on us.

Upvote 0

luckyeye13

Stick with one airline. While you might save money buying tickets on different airlines (often proposed by travel websites), this is a bad idea. If it’s all on the same airline, they are responsible for getting you to your destination. If your first flight is delayed and you miss a connection on another airline, you are stuck making alternative arrangements. Note, “code share” flights are okay. This is when you book your flights with one airline, but one or more segments are actually on another airline.

Yes, an excellent bit of advice! Even if, for some reason, you can't book your trip all on one airline (or on a codeshare), at the very least, you will want to make sure that they are booked as one ticket. That way, if there is a problem in the itinerary, the airline that caused the problem will still be on the hook to get you to your destination. If they are not on the same ticket, however, the next airline in your itinerary will generally just rebook you on another flight, which is actually more than they are required to do. (This is because you will appear as a no-show for their flight and no-shows are essentially entitled to nothing.) In this case, you will have to make and pay for your own hotel or other arrangements if are considerably delayed.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

This is even more critical if you are doing a Disney Cruise. The ship waits for no one...and if you plan for a flight to arrive a few hours before, then an hour or so drive to just walk on, you are asking for trouble. For any cruise you should plan on arrival the day before departure!

Yes, I would strongly suggest this. My in-laws did this for the trip they gifted us in December and since we live in a state that receives snow, I can remember worrying about us landing on time and getting there before the ship left. We were lucky there were no problems, but it definitely made an impression on me to come in the night before for a cruise.

Upvote 0

November Girl

Thanks, I just checked mine, and found that my three seats in together in row 8 had been changed to one in row 8, one in row 12 and one in row 23! Got that fixed, but they almost pulled a fast one!

Upvote 0

Cheshire413

Surely you should get a discount? In my experience, flights with a stop-over have always been cheaper than direct flights.

I would of thought that adding a detour and stop-over was a material change to what you had purchased.

I believe my hubby checked on that and there really wasn't a difference but I'm having our travel agent check on it just in case because layover flights are cheaper than non-stops. And if there is a refund coming our way, I'm hoping it won't be an issue. Alaska has been pretty good when I've had to deal with them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom