Check out time

BrianV

Original Poster
We recently returned from a wonderful first visit to AKL. Check out time was 11. We called and requested a late check out and were given one until noon. We were very pleased.

On our way to the pool we chatted to the housekeeper the morning of our departure. As we left, she said "we have you checking out at 1 today."

So do they factor in extra check out time for everyone, or was there something lost in translation between us and the front desk and the housekeeping? Just curious. We always leave by the checkout time, but maybe checkout at 11 means between 11-12 and I just never realized.

mouse_luv

Your extra given check out time was 12 giving you an extra hour. I am pretty sure then Mousekeepers are given an extra hour after that so they don't run into you when they want to clean and know you are definitely out of the room.

BrianV

Original Poster
Your extra given check out time was 12 giving you an extra hour. I am pretty sure then Mousekeepers are given an extra hour after that so they don't run into you when they want to clean and know you are definitely out of the room.

That makes sense. I'd never been given a late check out before so I wondered if it had to do with that.

mouse_luv

That makes sense. I'd never been given a late check out before so I wondered if it had to do with that.
We had the same thing a happen before at the resort we were staying in. They gave us til 12, but the Mousekeepers weren't coming in to clean until after 1 or 2 pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom