Check in day for CP

AndrewCP

Original Poster
I start for the CP on August 22nd, but what was wondering if I'll have any free time that day. Would I have enough time to take my mom to the airport sometime around 3/4ish? What exactly it the schedule for the day we check-in?

sum41914

On the first day you'll probably spend 1 -1 1/2 hours checking in. Then its off to your respective housing complexes, there you meet your rommies and move all your stuff in. There is a housing meeting for everyone at 12 and there is another one if you check in later, and usually gets out at or before 3. Then at 3:30 I beleive there is a swimming test for lifegaurds at Mickey's Retreat. There is plenty of time to move stuff in, meet your roommates and a trip Walmart. Congratulations on being accepted as a CP!

-Sum

Wow that long for checking in? Is 8:45 a good time to get there, or should we get there earlier? My roommate and I want a room w/ the private bathroom... what are the chances of getting that if we got there early? Also, I have to take the lifeguard test that day. Anybody know specifics on this? What you have to do, how long does it take?? Thanks!

HS0411

I got there about 9AM or so on my check-in day. It really does take a while. I was able to get my request in for room type. I know 1 bedrooms are really hard to get. If I'm not mistaken I think they are only at the Commons which is where all the International CPs live. I can't remember a single friend of mine that had a 1 bedroom. All 2 bedrooms will have a private bath (they did at Vista Way). Hope this helps and good luck!

sum41914

There are 1 bedrooms at all complexes. Not sure where Vista's are, but at Chatham they are in the middle after the Gaurd Shack and on the front where the buses pass, towards the pool. Beleive it or not, im in a 6 person (3 bdrms) and we all have our own bathrooms (1 for each bedroom).

joanna71985

I arrived at check-in all 3 times at 8:00-8:15. And I was done within 45 minutes. And all 3 times I got the apartment complex/apartment size that I wanted. I am currently in a 3-BR at Chatham, and there is 3 baths as well.

I arrived at check-in all 3 times at 8:00-8:15. And I was done within 45 minutes. And all 3 times I got the apartment complex/apartment size that I wanted. I am currently in a 3-BR at Chatham, and there is 3 baths as well.

That's great! I think it's definitely a great idea if my roomie and I get there early. I didn't know there were 3 bathrooms in a 3 bedroom apartment. How come I keep hearing that there's one bedroom with a private bathroom and then there's one bathroom that others have to share?

Also, my roomie and I put in our roommate notification surveys each others application numbers. Is there any chance we CAN'T get the same room? Do they mess this stuff up often?

CaptainMichael

That is soooooooooooo early...don't they know we're college students?:brick:

joanna71985

That's great! I think it's definitely a great idea if my roomie and I get there early. I didn't know there were 3 bathrooms in a 3 bedroom apartment. How come I keep hearing that there's one bedroom with a private bathroom and then there's one bathroom that others have to share?

Also, my roomie and I put in our roommate notification surveys each others application numbers. Is there any chance we CAN'T get the same room? Do they mess this stuff up often?

I don't know about the Roomie thing, as I have not done it (it started after my CP). But for the bed/bath one, I know at Vista 3-BRs have 2 baths. And not too sure about one bedrooms (never seen one).

That is soooooooooooo early...don't they know we're college students?:brick:

So am I. Some students just happen to do morning classes.

ag2000

hey guys, im checkin in the 27th, I also signed up for the roomate notification. If you are trying to stay somewhere specific, like vista or chatham you should cancel the roomate thing. I heard once they match you with someone they already chose the housing complex you will live in.

I think im going to cancel because im trying to stay at vista way.

hey guys, im checkin in the 27th, I also signed up for the roomate notification. If you are trying to stay somewhere specific, like vista or chatham you should cancel the roomate thing. I heard once they match you with someone they already chose the housing complex you will live in.

I think im going to cancel because im trying to stay at vista way.

Just curious, where'd you hear that at?

someone else i met that is going this fall. Im not sure if its true or not but it makes sense, right?

I don't know much about the housing complexes, but I figured they'd still ask for your specific location and bedroom. Who knows! Did the person you talk to get to request anything?

sandicinderelli

I don't know much about the housing complexes, but I figured they'd still ask for your specific location and bedroom. Who knows! Did the person you talk to get to request anything?

Actually, the earlier you get to check-in, the better chance you have in getting what you want. I got to my check-in at around 8:00 and when I went through the housing portion, I asked for Chatham and low rent and I got it. It also depends on how many people are there. If you and someone else want to room together, it's best that you go through the line together during check-in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom